“Planters”

Planters At Bretby Garden Centre
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This may sound surprising, but we have visitors who come to Bretby just for our food! Our restaurant manager Chris Rich-Bate has some delicious, mouth-watering new recipes all freshly prepared from local British produce and of course our staff are always on hand to offer outstanding service. Food for thought... From humble beginnings, the restaurant has continued to expand and we can now accommodate up to 200 customers - and plans are afoot to improve the layout even further. Chris and his team are proud of their reputation which is spreading beyond the local area and it is obvious to everybody that they all enjoy preparing food which satisfies the palate and tingles the taste buds. We change our menu every week and of course, if you have any suggestions for forthcoming menu ideas we are always delighted to receive them. Our restaurant also offers a mouth watering selection of snacks and refreshments.
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Planters”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I recently had cause to visit Bretby garden centre. Whilst there I sampled the food and drink in their restaurant. the food was very good and the place was clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If you are ever visiting Bretby garden centre or are in the area. I would recommend you try Planters.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bigjohn2_uk

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You need to get your carpets cleaned regular .”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Food not to bad but the carpets in the main food seating area are a disgrace . They need cleaning . I found food stains and tea and coffee all over the shop . They seem to have gone down hill in the last six months .

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Buttonsmole
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good Food At Bretby Garden Centre”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Have been to Bretby garden centre quite a few times now, each time I have something to eat there. Garden centres are never the cheapest for food, but the prices are there for all to see, and you have a choice to use or not. I've always had good food, last week i was there mid week, I had Jacket potato, beans and cheese, there was also plenty of salad with it. There was plenty on my plate, the food was nice and hot, the staff are very pleasant, and the tables are quickly cleared and wiped down. I have no problem giving it 5 stars, and I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Updated and more variety than ever”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Garden Centres aren't he usual sort of place I hang out, but my friends mum needed some garden tubs so hey ho here we go.
Pleasantly surprised, interesting aquatics, and a middle aged friendly lady who's name i forgot to ask, not only advised on the best pot types, but cheaper varieties to give them colour for a pensioner on a budget. I learned a lot in a short time.
A nice pork carvery, shame the all day breakfast stopped for dinner when it's busy, but we all ate well. a ten minute drop in turned into a pleasant and productive two hours,
Thanks

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Charlie E
Burton-on-Trent
“Dreadful food”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My boyfriend and myself decided to have lunch at Planter's before buying our Christmas decoration. I can honestly tell you that I would not recommend to eat at Planter's Garden centre to anyone, not even to my worst enemy. My boyfriend ordered a toasted sandwich and cheesy chips while I had a turkey Xmas dinner. They started by giving my boyfriend the wrong sandwich and when he finally got the right one it was dry and lacked filling, the chips were not cooked properly (quite how you can get chips wrong is a mystery to us, but somehow Planter's could!) and the cheese was just a hard layer on top of them. My turkey was dryer than the Sahara desert even with gravy and the trimmings were just not right. Now I know this sort of place is not going to serve top quality food but this was an absolute disgrace!!

• Visited December 2012