“2nd visit”

Planters At Bretby Garden Centre
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This may sound surprising, but we have visitors who come to Bretby just for our food! Our restaurant manager Chris Rich-Bate has some delicious, mouth-watering new recipes all freshly prepared from local British produce and of course our staff are always on hand to offer outstanding service. Food for thought... From humble beginnings, the restaurant has continued to expand and we can now accommodate up to 200 customers - and plans are afoot to improve the layout even further. Chris and his team are proud of their reputation which is spreading beyond the local area and it is obvious to everybody that they all enjoy preparing food which is freshly made using on the finest of local ingredients. We change our menu every week and of course, if you have any suggestions for forthcoming menu ideas we are always delighted to receive them. Our restaurant also offers a delicious selection of snacks and refreshments.
Essex
“2nd visit”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

nice centre, my son was disappointed the "beach" was not longer there but had installed a wooden climbing centre. nice restaurant and shop

Visited August 2013

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
“Expensive & dirty carpets”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

After spending lots of money in the garden store, we decided to have a bite to eat in the cafe, very expensive and bland food, next time I will wipe my shoes on the way out, carpets very dirty, leather sofas not much better either..

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Planters”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I recently had cause to visit Bretby garden centre. Whilst there I sampled the food and drink in their restaurant. the food was very good and the place was clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If you are ever visiting Bretby garden centre or are in the area. I would recommend you try Planters.

1 Thank bigjohn2_uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You need to get your carpets cleaned regular .”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Food not to bad but the carpets in the main food seating area are a disgrace . They need cleaning . I found food stains and tea and coffee all over the shop . They seem to have gone down hill in the last six months .

1 Thank Buttonsmole
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good Food At Bretby Garden Centre”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Have been to Bretby garden centre quite a few times now, each time I have something to eat there. Garden centres are never the cheapest for food, but the prices are there for all to see, and you have a choice to use or not. I've always had good food, last week i was there mid week, I had Jacket potato, beans and cheese, there was also plenty of salad with it. There was plenty on my plate, the food was nice and hot, the staff are very pleasant, and the tables are quickly cleared and wiped down. I have no problem giving it 5 stars, and I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited April 2013