“well stocked centre”

Planters At Bretby Garden Centre
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This may sound surprising, but we have visitors who come to Bretby just for our food! Our restaurant manager Chris Rich-Bate has some delicious, mouth-watering new recipes all freshly prepared from local British produce and of course our staff are always on hand to offer outstanding service. Food for thought... From humble beginnings, the restaurant has continued to expand and we can now accommodate up to 200 customers - and plans are afoot to improve the layout even further. Chris and his team are proud of their reputation which is spreading beyond the local area and it is obvious to everybody that they all enjoy preparing food which is freshly made using on the finest of local ingredients. We change our menu every week and of course, if you have any suggestions for forthcoming menu ideas we are always delighted to receive them. Our restaurant also offers a delicious selection of snacks and refreshments.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

the covered area where the plants were all situated, a lovely cafe with delicious cakes, a good pet centre and gift shop

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have just taken my Mother for a ride out to Planters garden centre at Bretby for a cup of tea " oh dear " not an experience we will be
repeating. The cafe smelt of old cooking oil but as we only wanted a cup of tea I was not worried. I should have been. The cups had a taste of frying and the tea had a strange taste. We left in disgust having not drank it

4  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed 28 August 2013

nice centre, my son was disappointed the "beach" was not longer there but had installed a wooden climbing centre. nice restaurant and shop

Reviewed 10 August 2013

After spending lots of money in the garden store, we decided to have a bite to eat in the cafe, very expensive and bland food, next time I will wipe my shoes on the way out, carpets very dirty, leather sofas not much better either..

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I recently had cause to visit Bretby garden centre. Whilst there I sampled the food and drink in their restaurant. the food was very good and the place was clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If you are ever visiting Bretby garden centre or are in the area. I would recommend you try Planters.

1  Thank bigjohn2_uk