Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent
The Grail Court Hotel(Burton upon Trent)
US$75
Dovecliff Hall Hotel(Burton upon Trent)
US$120
US$117
Hotels.com
US$113
US$110
  • Pool
Riverside Hotel(Branston)
US$96
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$58
US$73
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Burton A38 Northbound(Barton-under-Needwood)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
The 3 Horseshoes(Barton-under-Needwood)
Travelocity
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Central Hotel(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbeansstayed herecar parkparking chargealton towerstown centreflaming grillper nightbudget hotelbusiness parkstaff on receptionhot drinksfree wifidecent sizerooms are cleanyogurtlounge area
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Does exactly as advertised , basic hotel reception very helpful and friendly ,
Rooms quite big , breakfast basic but hot and fresh .

Room Tip: Not on the road side
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed here 28/10/11 to go to Alton towers next day, it's about half an hour away! My sat nav couldn't find it but we managed by putting in Wellington road, it's just off a McDonald's and a pc world/currys the room was nice and clean and staff friendly, the only downside was the breakfast, yes it is complimentary but I've had way better, they struggled to keep up with the hot food and also plates and cutlery wern't kept stocked up, we would stay here again though!

• Stayed: October 2011
hickorycleek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear Jmax1,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience following your stay with us. As it was half term we were full that weekend and did get caught out by the volume of guests coming down for breakfast at the same time. We have since put in procedures to ensure we manage these situations better particularly in replenishing the buffet,

Please accept my apologies for the shortfall in service you experienced. I am confident that the next time you stay with us you will see a marked improvement. I notice from you comments that you were going to visit Alton Towers. This year Alton Towers have new rides and we have manged to get improved discounted tickets to offer our guests. If you are considering a trip to Alton Towers do contact me on davidp@exhiburton.co.uk.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

I'm a platinum member so my internet was free - otherwise I would have been spitting feathers. Normally I find Expresses very good but strangely not in the UK. But it was 'ok'.

There aren't really any restaurants nearby (a pub and a McDonalds) so you really need a car (HI Express only has a restaurant for breakfast). But here is a Sainsbury across the road so that did for me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Sainsbury rather than one facing the trunk road.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank canoepunkie

Dear Ebookjunkie,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay in October. We do value your feedback as this gives us direction in our drive to improve our guest experience.

We do offer a limited dinner menu in the evenings for guests that prefer not to go out. Please accept my apologies that this was not communicated to you on arrival. Since your stay in October we have had three new restaurants open within walking distance of the hotel. They are family orientated style restaurants however there are a number of gastro pubs and more upmarket restaurants a short drive away.

Once again many thanks for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

The company that I work for book the hotel rooms on my behalf, and I often find myself in HIE's. Maybe that's why I find it hard to compliment them. This one's definitely a bit threadbare and needs a refurb. It's in the middle of a commercial area/industrial estate, which doesn't help. The staff are friendly, helpful and professional, but the rooms are very tired. Mine was clean and fresh, but the carpet was old and faded, and what's that "Firm pillow" "Soft pillow" thing all about? Just give me a decent pillow! The lift is small - and slow, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. One thing that's good - the car park is big enough. Often HIE car parks are too small, and they charge you to park there (HIE NEC Birmingham take note) but this one is free.

The internet fee in all HIE's is outrageously expensive - I've stayed in far better, and far worse, hotels where the internet is free. THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY - BUSINESS PEOPLE NEED ACCESS TO THE INTERNET-STOP RIPPING THEM OFF HIE!

The restaurant/bar area is unwelcoming and dull, so most people eat at the pub next door. The food's OK, and cheap, but you wouldn't want to live on it for more than a couple of days. The breakfast is standard HIE fare, and the famous (or should that be infamous) HIE sausages are there in abundance. Stick to the cold buffet, with maybe some toast, and you'll live to fight another day.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear Piston_Broke7,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We do value your feedback as it helps us to improve the guest experience. I am delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and professional.

We do have a capital plan to refurbish bedrooms and have in the past year refurbished the showers and bedroom furniture. We also have an ongoing program of bedroom decoration. We are in the process of getting quotations for new carpets and hope to start this phase later this year.

We have in the past year changed our provider for guest internet to enable us to halve the cost to our guests. This has proved extremely popular although I appreciate there is still a small charge.

In the last month we have had three new family style restaurants open within five minutes walking distance from the hotel giving our guests greater choice. We also offer a limited dinner menu within the hotel for guests who do not want to go out of the hotel for a meal.Additionaly we offer a takeaway service which can be billed to your room.

We have taken your comments on board about the sausages and have upgraded to a better quality sausage.Whilst our breakfast is free we have invested in adding selected hot items to the continental as well as improving the presentation.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here as a base for a wedding we were attending. From start to finish, the hotel staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Breakfast was complimentry and although the hot buffet was limited to sausages, scrambled eggs and beans, there was plenty of cold choices to compliment this and the hot drinks selection was the best I had come across in any of my hotels stays!
The rooms were cleaned to a high standard and the beds very comfortable.
I would certainly recommend this hotel and if I was every in the area again it would be my first choice!
A big well done all round!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Blondie37NorthEast,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay with us. I was delighted that you could not fault your stay with us. It is always nice to receive positive feedback and the team did appreciate it when shown your comments.

I am pleased that you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent .