By all accounts this is not a terrible hotel. It's not even a bad hotel. It is the first time I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express having been a regular IHG customer over the last 5 years, mostly the Holiday Inn. To be honest I had high hopes from a brand associated with both Holiday Inn and IHG. I was disappointed. The free breakfast was ok, although a better paid option might also be nice. The room was well made up, but was tired. I had a twin room instead of a double bed. Sometimes this happens and I have no gripes with this but it was without doubt an awful bed. I spent a good few years on boats and have never felt sea sick until I experienced the perpetual rocking of my rooms single bed.
I had some trouble checking out which was not the hotels fault as it happened but I felt like I went from being a customer to an inconvenience as soon as the staff member I dealt with found what I had been told by the travel company did not match her records. This would not have happened in the full size holiday inn hotels.
I would stay again, but for no more than a single night and if i was on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a convenient location at the friendly Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent hotel, close to the A38 and A50. Our modern hotel is handily located in the Centrum 100 Business Park, just 30 minutes' drive from both Birmingham and East Midlands airports. Guests of Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent can wake up to an Express Start breakfast each morning and leave vehicles parked in our car park. Car parking is charged at £3.00 per night. All 82 of our comfortable Guest rooms have free wireless Internet and flat-screen TVs. You can host events for up to 65 guests in Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent's 3 air-conditioned meeting rooms. We're easy for your delegates to reach with convenient links to Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham and Stoke-on-Trent via the A50, A42, M6 and M1. Major conferences and exhibitions at Birmingham NEC are just 30 minutes drive from our hotel. Spacious Family rooms make us a good choice if you're visiting the nearby National Memorial Arboretum or thrilling Alton Towers theme park, a 45-minute drive away. Back at Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent, you can relax over drinks with friends and choose pub-style evening meals from the dinner menu in our sociable Great Room. Kids aged 12 and under eat free when accompanied by a paying adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Burton-Upon-Trent Hotel Burton Upon Trent
- Holiday Inn Burton Upon Trent
- Burton Upon Trent Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Burton-Upon-Trent Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire