“Great location”

The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Burton upon Trent
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed for two nights and had a suite which was lovely. Our stay included dinner on the first night which was very nice, but I had to ask for some mushroom sauce as my food was a little dry. Breakfast was superb. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Only moan no free wi fi which is not normal in hotels now a days, however free room service for breakfast I would say charge for room service, give free wi fi. Great location for exploring the area and the town.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debsunlover
Julia W, Manager at The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, We do offer free WiFi in our bar area at present & we do agree that it is something that our guests require & we are happy to say that WiFi is being installed throughout the building in the New Year.

There are newer reviews for The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed on an excellent deal for 2 nights with 3 course dinner one evening and breakfast each morning via Living Social. As said before the hotel requires a 'little' updating here and there but it is very presentable and our room the Victoria Suite was wonderful very well equipped bathroom with 2 basins, a bath and seperate shower. 2 flat screen tv's also which was great as we had a separate lounge.

The food was delicious, breakfast was served to you freshly cooked and we did not have to wait long for it to arrive. The dinner we had wonderful and my sirloin was cooked to perfection as was my partners meal.

The staff, I can only repeat what others have said they really are wonderful and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them. especially Lisa and Kate. Always happy and smiling, always there to help . Lisa even offered me a cushion for my back when she overheard me say I had backache whilst I was sat in the restaurant, what a wonderful touch.

Whoever the new owner is should be very proud of his team, they are amazing, thank you

1  Thank Linda M

Thank you for your kind words, we do believe in employing the right people to ensure our guests have a great experience when staying with us, I am pleased to hear they looked after you well & I can assure you that the team will remain & continue the same standards of service with the new proprietors. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We weren't sure what to expect but found we had a very good room. My only moan would be that the double bed was a bit small even though we were in a superior room.. (Was it a queen-sized whereas I am obviously now spoilt by needing a king ... or super-king?!) Well, next time I'd choose a twin to be on the safe side. Everything in the room was okay and the en-suite was good. I prefer a shower with a hose you can waggle about as opposed to a fixed head, but that's being a bit picky. Breakfast was served by a number of staff, with no self-service elements, which felt quite traditional. The cooked breakfast was okay: possibly a bit mean with portion size. In particular, I felt that a single 'flllet' of kipper is rather mean! Still, it was nice to see fish offered on the breakfast menu at all. Well-located for wandering around town, incl the National Brewing Centre just up the road.

1  Thank honestobserver

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have spoken to our chef's & ensured that our kipper portions will be larger in the future. Thank you for the feedback, this allows us to improve our service for others.We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have just returned from a very relaxing 2 day break at the Three Queens, as we have visited the area several times before we really just spent time close to the town of Burton on Trent and as one of our days was exceptional weather for November we decided to go walking along the riverside to Branston water park and back down the Canal to Burton, we also stopped off at a couple of nice pubs en route to stop de-hydration and had a lovely day with no driving.
There are plenty of visitor attractions in the area so the hotel is a good base for these as well as a good leisure centre and town centre shops just down the road.
We also had the Living social deal 2 nights B&B and 1 night evening meal and as others have said the food, service and both dining and breakfast rooms were excellent and very clean and well set up. Our room itself was very good and had all usual facilities and we were pleasantly surprised about the lack of noise as the road outside was quite busy at times. The hotel has a decent sized car park and some very nice rooms downstairs to sit and relax.
We were informed that the hotel had just changed hands so we were pleased that our booking had no issues whatsoever and would just say that everything to us was just great so keep up the good work and you will hopefully see a bright future.

1  Thank BessyDog

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us & we hope that you will return to see us again next year!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Took advantage of Living Social Deal. No restrictions, as I have come to expect on many of these type of deals. 3*s is undervaluing this hotel, by far. I have stayed at 4*/5* hotels and and have never had better service. Decor wise the hotel could be helped by a little TLC. Service wise I couldn't see any room for improvement. Reception very good. Restaurant service excellent. Staff smartly dressed and very attentive. Non of the usual perfunctory "everything allright?", but, instead, "can I get you something else?", or " is there something else that you need?". Food was 1st class and freshly cooked to order. I didn't want baked fish, as on the menu, so I was asked if I would prefer it steamed, which was very acceptable. The menu offered a wide choice and the standard of presentation was as good as it gets. Breakfast cooked exactly as requested.
I understand that a change of management is imminent. I hope that the new owners will maintain the same level of service.
The hotel is in easy walking from the market and 2/3 shopping centres.
The Brewery Visitor Centre is only a few minutes walk away. Well worth a visit and nicely finished off with a chance to sample 4 of the local bitters. There was a bar with snacks and a full range of beers, lagers and spirits.

1  Thank michaelclifford17

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very pleased to hear the staff looked after you & were able to offer you alternative suggestions, we do pride ourselves on our customer service & we will certainly be carrying on the same level of service as we have always done. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed on an excellent deal for 2 nights with 3 course dinner one evening and breakfast each morning via Living Social. We had need to cancel previously on the day of arrival and the hotel allowed us to rebook without charge, speaks volumes for them.

As has been said the hotel requires a 'little' updating here and there but it is perfectly presentable and our room was fine with no problems whatsoever and had a beautiful and very well equipped bathroom. Nice size flat screen tv makes a change we could actually watch it from bed without straining our eyes.

The food was lovely, a refreshing change to have breakfast served to you freshly cooked and each morning we did not have to wait long for it. The dinner we had again was lovely, my mixed grill was cooked perfect and plenty of it with loads of potatoes and veg for the two of us.

The staff, I can only repeat what others have said they really wonderful and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them. Always smiling, always there to help they are definitely 5 star....would be an asset to any hotel.

Had a problem at the hotel the first night somebody had gone through a main power cable in the street and the area was blacked out for a couple of hours. Felt sorry for the staff but they did all they could and got everyone torches, It was a stressful time for them especially Mary who was duty manager but kept us informed and did all that she could do despite grief from some guests. A kind of 'act of god' that could happen anywhere!!!

Would we return? Definitely when in the area yes.

1  Thank J0hnC0sta

Thank you for your kind review, It certainly was an eventful night with the power cut, we are glad to hear it did not impact on you enjoying your stay with us. We look forward to meeting you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We booked the hotel through a living social deal and was pleasantly surprised by the overall package. Check in was friendly and informative. The room we were given hadn't been cleaned from the previous occupant and Mary the receptionist was really apologetic when we arrived back in reception and instantly offered us an upgrade - to the Victoria Suite. The room was huge - sofa, desk, dining table, 2 tv's, large bed and had 4 large windows along the side of the hotel there were even his and hers sinks in the bathroom. The deal included a 3 course meal on the first night and breakfast on both mornings. The food was great, especially the breakfasts and we can't speak highly enough about the level of service we received. We would like to single out Lisa for high praise as she was outstanding in her work - whether it was at the evening meal or breakfast - her attitude and professional manner made us feel like a truly valued customer. This hotel may have areas that need a little updating but overall it was clean and a great base for our trip to the area. My husband and I have no complaints and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. A little gem.

1  Thank Andrea B

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us & I will certainly pass on your comments to Lisa, Thank you