“Skinny Kitten”
Review of Skinny Kitten Cafe

Skinny Kitten Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run cafe , a real Tardis , recently refurbished now selling alcohol and open Friday & Saturday evenings until 11pm. Children’s area with many toys and fancy dress to keep little minds occupied , fab children’s menu. All day breakfast menu,lunches and hot meals. delicious ice cream milkshakes . Cosy snug for adults only , New bar menu available with a great collection of Gins and wines & our very own cocktails . Free WIFI , freshly ground coffees. Afternoon tea’s . Come along and check out our newly refurbished cafe . A perfect spot to hold a private party / function . Now offer outside catering and venue hire x
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My 11 yr old son and I visited Skinny Kitten one afternoon, we had been there several times before for coffee, hot chocolate and a cake.This particular afternoon the café was quite empty and we went to sit where we have sat before and the woman, who I had never met before came and said"oh you cant sit there no children allowed you will have to go to the back of the café or further round to a room at the front, rules are rules!". Well the back of the café did not appear comfortable and had childrens toys and high chairs dotted about, my son is nearly twelve and can be taken anywhere he is so well behaved and not at all the child she implied he was with her brusc "rules are rules" statement.. We moved to a room further away which was cold but had a better atmosphere than 'kiddy corner'.
We stayed for our overpriced coffee and cake, I didn't want to disappoint my son totally by leaving, The fare was OK but nothing to shout home about. I have since found out it has changed ownership since our last visit and that is why we will not be visiting here again in a hurry.

5  Thank scrimmers

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Visited with friend for afternoon tea, expensive and poor quality of cakes, big change from last time I visited, also the prices did not reflect what we had.

3  Thank Alrewas1
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

My children cannot wait for every visit to skinny kitten as they love the choice of yummy cakes on offer, the play area and the kiddies wardrobe packed full of fancy dress , toys and books to keep them entertained ! The coffee here really is fab, very clean ! Excellent service and pleasant staff :-)
See you next week xx

2  Thank MichJas12
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We got to go orders which were two coffee lattes and one chai. My daughter and her husband were well pleased with their coffees, but my chai was horrible, that is, tasteless. It was extremely weak.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Visited on a midweek lunchtime as we were staying nearby.

Lovely friendly welcome from the staff, but we were slightly disappointed by the choice of food on offer which was limited to sandwiches, paninis and jacket potatoes or the soup of the day, followed by a small selection of cakes.

Our food was very nice, but quite a lot more expensive than the Damn Fine cafe in Burton we had been to earlier in the week.

We would return, but probably only for a quick drink and a change of scenery.