“Good for a treat”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Comfort food at it's best with gorgeous drinks available. i rotate my order between the tea served in a lovely teapot and cup and saucer, all vintage, hot chocolate and the raspberry lemonade. My friend has the vanilla latte (I think) and always craves it. I recommend the cheese on toast and the lovely fresh cakes, made by the owner, which are delicious. At the back a spacious room dedicated to families with toys and a dress up box, towards the front a cosy room for the adults filled with books and comfy benches which you could sit in all day. Outdoor seating is available. My only comment would be on how expensive it is, around £3-4 for a hot chocolate and almost £7 for a panini however, the atmosphere and friendly staff make up for this. Make the most of this hidden gem. Well worth a visit, I urge you to.

1  Thank Jess56Jess

Reviewed 6 February 2014

What a great place, looks small from the front but don't be fooled it has various rooms as you walk into the shop, all different decors! I must say the breakfast & the caramel latte I had was delicious-keep up the good work ladies :-)

2  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My 11 yr old son and I visited Skinny Kitten one afternoon, we had been there several times before for coffee, hot chocolate and a cake.This particular afternoon the café was quite empty and we went to sit where we have sat before and the woman, who I had never met before came and said"oh you cant sit there no children allowed you will have to go to the back of the café or further round to a room at the front, rules are rules!". Well the back of the café did not appear comfortable and had childrens toys and high chairs dotted about, my son is nearly twelve and can be taken anywhere he is so well behaved and not at all the child she implied he was with her brusc "rules are rules" statement.. We moved to a room further away which was cold but had a better atmosphere than 'kiddy corner'.
We stayed for our overpriced coffee and cake, I didn't want to disappoint my son totally by leaving, The fare was OK but nothing to shout home about. I have since found out it has changed ownership since our last visit and that is why we will not be visiting here again in a hurry.

5  Thank scrimmers
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Visited with friend for afternoon tea, expensive and poor quality of cakes, big change from last time I visited, also the prices did not reflect what we had.

3  Thank Alrewas1
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

My children cannot wait for every visit to skinny kitten as they love the choice of yummy cakes on offer, the play area and the kiddies wardrobe packed full of fancy dress , toys and books to keep them entertained ! The coffee here really is fab, very clean ! Excellent service and pleasant staff :-)
See you next week xx