“Lovely, leisurely lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely, leisurely lunch”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My friend and I met at The Skinny Kitten for a leisurely lunch and catch up. The staff were warm and welcoming and we had a choice of equally quaint and homely rooms to relax in. We chose halloumi ciabatta which was served quickly and was accompanied by home made coleslaw and fresh side salad. I have had many a latte in my time and can honestly say the one I had here was perfect in taste, temperature and presentation. The sensational selection of cakes proved too tempting to be overlooked and the home made coffee cake and chocolate cake we shared didn't disappoint! We stayed for about 2 hours and at no time did we feel rushed. We left feeling relaxed and very content and can honestly say we will return. :-)

2 Thank Rachel G

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Jewel In The Crown of Barton Under Needwood”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My first visit and it will not be my last an absolutely lovely quirky place ,my husband and I stopped of at this little gem on our way through Barton , and we will definitely be back .The food was fantastic and the best hot chocolate and milkshakes ever .The staff were so friendly nothing was to much trouble and the great atmosphere was amazing .......love this place :)

2 Thank jean s
“PURRRFECT!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Loved it, went for afternoon tea with my wife and mother, greeted well and shown table in the back. Lovely decor (shabby), and was akin to sitting in my grans house back in the day. A nice selection of egg, ham, cheese & salmon sandwiches on brown and white with crusts cut off of course. Tea in the pot as you'd expect, and lovely china tableware, all matching. No rush, and tea topped up followed by macaroons and scones (definitely homemade) and scrumptious. Selection of 2 types of jam and fresh whipped cream (although I'd prefer clotted), but now I'm picking. Great job, thanks very much. Defo return

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Auzz77
Burton, United Kingdom
“Skinny Kitten is a little gem”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Barton-under-Needwood is very lucky to have such a quirky place to meet friends and enjoy a relaxing coffee, tea and or light lunch. All the staff are very friendly and attentive when you need them. It has five different seating areas including, what I would call a 'Toys and Noise' room and a separate dining room for functions or larger groups. I discovered recently Skinny Kitten also does outside catering too. Steph, my contact, was so helpful in choosing interesting and unusual canapés for my husband's birthday party, as well as supplying his particular favourite - devils on horseback. I also asked them to make a lovely large bowl of potato salad, to relieve me as I was doing the rest of the catering myself. We did not know what to expect, but were delighted with the quality and presentation of the canapes. They looked stunning displayed on a variety of boards, trays and vintage tiered cake stands (all on loan). Our guests were very impressed. My only regret was not taking photos of the delicious food!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Gareth B
Walsall, United Kingdom
“great stop on a bike ride”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Don't take any notice of the bad reviews. This is a great little 'find'. There's a driveway just to the right that leads round the back where there is a cycle rack. Seating inside and out the back. There were several people there with kids and they seemed happy enough. A group inside were having some sort of business meeting obviously enjoying the drinks and food. We had coffee, tea and beans of toast, perfect for cycling and good portions on tasty buttered toast. Very friendly. Good service. We'll be back.

3 Thank PeatGiant