“Faultless”
Review of Flaming Grill

Flaming Grill
Reviewed 3 June 2014

On entering, staff made me feel so welcome.
Food was not only incredibly good value, it tasted good as well
Normally one can't make changes, but the staff were more than happy to ask the chef,and he duly obliged
After dinner the manageress came and checked that everything was ok
Discovered that this is part of a chain, and will definitely use again

There are newer reviews for Flaming Grill

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Came here on a Monday afternoon, the place was empty!
Service was good, food was nice and good quality, the place was clean. I will return.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn next door so came here for dinner.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Menu had plenty of choice and good value for money.
Food was excellent!

1  Thank Boltybabe
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Feels a bit like kicking a puppy to criticise this place ( because the staff were very sweet) but I'm not going to let that unedifying thought stop me. It was truly awful. I should have walked out when I opened the menu to discover something called a 'trash can challenge'. I didn't because I was marooned here in driving rain, with no transport, and hungry. If you find yourself in a similar position, I wish you luck - putting up with hunger might still be preferable. The menu is very big - literally. This in no way disguises the paucity of choice. It's very standard pub food with an emphasis on mediocre. If you have a very undemanding palette ( perhaps having spent a lifetime of only eating sliced white bread ) you just might find something that makes you think, ' My stomach thinks my throat's been cut, so I'm prepared to give it a go'. I didn't. Alternatively, if you regard food as a challenge rather than a pleasure, or even a necessity, you might just be tempted by the various invitations to try and eat a dish of such ridiculous proportions, it could reasonably be considered a political entity in its own right, worthy of declaring independence.

Pass the sliced white loaf please.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed over for a couple of days through work and called in for a meal with a work mate, we both ordered a steak and asked for it medium rare we got well done! Anyway the second night it was raining so hard we gave it another try only to find medium rare in steak was again well done and pink in lamb was actually still alive! my work mate complained and was then given very, very well done lamb!! surely a Flaming Grill should be capable of cooking a steak. The only plus side was the service was very good, but maybe it has to be to compensate for the food.