“Limited breakfast menu but good service”

Beefeater Burton on Trent
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester, United Kingdom
“Limited breakfast menu but good service”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The breakfast was OK if a little limited and there where small issues like the toaster not working. However overall it was fine for an early start breakfast.

Visited April 2013

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and pleasant plac to eat”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I went with two of our grandchildren, taking advantage of the half price offer over Easter weekend. We have been a few times before and always pleased with the quality of the food and attitude of the servers. The only real observation is that we were waiting quite a long time for each course which particularly bothered the children. The restaurant was very busy so quite obviously very popular. I would advise anyone to book before turning up as we did over the internet.

Burton on Trent
“Poor Service Poor Food”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Thought it would be nice to take our daughter out for a meal as she is home from uni for Easter and what a disappointment to have chosen the Merry Monk. First couldn't be seated for 5 mins as the cutlery was not on the table so left me standing at the side of the table ( i am on walking sticks) We ordered drinks and had to ask for a clean glass as it was filthy. Starters arrived for my daughter and myself and my husbands starter arrive 15 mins later, onion soup with hardly any onions a joke.. At last our main meal arrived my daughters salad was swimming in mayo was meant to be salad with horseradish dressing not mayo and so much mayo that you could not even see the lettuce uneatable..My steak arrived and was stone cold uneatable, my husbands ordered ribs and they were fine. i called the manager over and politely complained about my steak being cold and my daughters meal and the manager took my husbands dinner away which was the only good meal out of the 3 we ordered..When he came back we did not have to pay for the meal But then we had not ate anything to pay for.... The whole experience ruined out Easter treat we will not be going there again very upset and disappointed....

Liverpool
“Only one of a trio”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is a new slant on the old Beefeater restaurants and Whitbreads are on to a winner. Really nice steaks and the chips are to die for. Open plan kitchen so you can see your food being cooked. A MUST VISIT IF YOU ARE IN BURTON ON TRENT|

UK
“Over priced breakfast - not a buffet!”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We went here for breakfast. Advertised as a buffet but you order your hot choices - and wait and wait. Nice when it arrived but no seconds because it would mean another long wait.
Juice not good quality. Weak coffee from a thermos. No nice pastries.
No nice fruit.
£8.25 a person but better value to be had ( and quicker service) at Morrisons supermarket two minutes drive away.
So for four of us I paid £33. Definitely not good value.
It seemed that the restaurant was catering for the Premier Inn hotel next door.
I doubt we will return for breakfast any time soon.

• Visited January 2013