“Great value food and excellent service”

Beefeater Burton on Trent
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have been here a number of times with my family and have never been disappointed, food is always very good and the front of house staff are excellent from the minute you walk through the door. My son can be a little picky with his food but they happily changed part of the food order from the menu which he didn't like, he is never that keen to dine out but is always happy to come here! Great restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Beefeater Burton on Trent

Reviewed 10 November 2013

New build a modern design, clean...
A little slow with drinks but food was good and a nice clean open look

Reviewed 10 November 2013

After writing great reviews about the beefeater I wanted to express my disappointment from today's visit. I was visiting with my husband and young children, on arrival we could see it was quite busy but there was still several empty tables! We were shocked to be told there was a 45 min wait for a table due to them expecting a large party of 20 people shortly. Surely a restaurant should have the correct amount of staff working for when the place is 'busy'. The waitress did say there was a table spare but it was a high, bar stool kind of table and we wouldn't be able to use a high chair for our 1 year old. Even though we could see at least 7 empty tables we got the feeling they didn't want any more customers because of this so called ' big' party. we won't be visiting here again, I would rather travel to the derby beefeater where there a lot more friendly!

1  Thank Kirsty P
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were staying at the central Premier Inn which had this Beefeater beside it. We were quite late in arriving so weren't sure whether we would get a table (6 adults and 6 children). We were met by a gentleman in a waist coat who told us to hang on and he would organise things for us and he did just that. we all sat together, he brought us menu's and cutlery and then sent a waitress to get our order. When the food arrived it was extremely good. What a lovely end to the evening-thank you to the gentleman in the waistcoat.

1  Thank telNorwich
Reviewed 31 October 2013

First visit even though we live approx. 2 miles away and have driven past regularly on way into Burton. First impressions positive. Light and and pleasant environment. Prompt service (by Vanessa) who was very pleasant and efficient (with one blip - see below).

Shown to a table quickly and drinks order taken, positive. We didn't feel rushed but the place was perhaps about one third full so wouldn;t expecxt to be. Food order taken (mains only) and arrived pretty swiftly (I'd say about 20-25 mins after order).

Three steaks ordered, cooked well to order though my eldest daughter's was definitely on the well done side of medium-well. My wife's Salmon salad was most disappointing dish as salad came with a rather odd tasting dressing not described on the menu or requested. My side order of onion rings (4 onion rings per portion so hardly generous) did not arrive with main course but were "delayed" and this suggested they had been forgotten by the chef.

Slight letdown was fact my younger daughter ordered a "still and cloudy lemonade" off the drinks menu. Vanessa happily took the order and said nothing. About five minutes later a glass of perfectly ordinary, clear and fizzy lemonade duly arrived. When queried Vanessa said immediately that the still and cloudy lemonade was no longer available (menu is being changed apparently) and that they didn't sell it any more. Why didn't she say this when it was ordered?!!.

Cost for 4 (with two of us having a second drink) was £65 for mains only. Seemed expensive though I suppose three of us did have steak.

May well return but not a shoo in even though we are close by.