“Good as always”

Premier Inn Burton On Trent East Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Burton upon Trent
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Same story really, and a good one, I honestly don't believe you can go wrong with a Premier Inn.

This is small for PI standards, only 33 rooms, but they still have all the amenities you need. I only have one small gripe about room 32 though. The layout is odd due to its location in the building, with an alcove where the additional sofabed is, this means the desk is to the right as you come in the door, but there isn't a plug socket anywhere near it! What use is having a desk with a light on it when you can't even plug it in, or any other electrical items for that matter like a laptop etc? I had to move the desk over to beside the TV and wardrobe unit so I could plug the light in and work on my laptop, only other solution is to have the top light on and the laptop power supply stretching across the room making it a tripping hazard. Not really well thought out that.

Otherwise it does everything else fine! Will be nice when they eventually get the flatscreens that are in most PI's now.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

As it was a last minute business trip I ended up in Burton East rather than central (which I'd have preferred to get to the football ground that night) and I guess this one was nearly full as I was in a disabled room on the ground floor. That in itself was no real drama although the height of the bed and sink is hard work if you've a back like mine!

That aside the check in staff member was lovely and organised me a taxi with the minimum of fuss. For all it was a rushed dinner the food was good and the local ale fantastic! Breakfast was also one of the better ones I've had and set me up for a long day on the road. I'd have not hesitation booking again should duty call.

As ever my final point to Premier Inn is FREE WIFI FOR ALL please, having to log in all night is a pain in the proverbial. Do away with the charge as I'm sure you lose business because of it already. I for one often stay at Best Western for that reason alone!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I regularly stay at premier inns and I must say this was my least favourite. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear as the saying goes!
The lady on reception was nice and tried her best but the family rooms are not on ground level and lifting toddlers who are fast asleep in pushchairs up flights of stairs isn't ideal!
Still the old small tv's, no hot choc for kids and a military operation for a pillow.
The pub attatched is a table table, not at all child friendly in my mind, a customer even asked us to turn the sound off on my sons toy!! The staff were nice and tried their best but the food was below average, the usual froen chips and overcooked everything else.
I just didn't like this place at all and I def will not be going back, it didnt have a feel of a premier inn at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank caravannerDurham
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Burton On Trent East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Stayed here a few times now and the welcome and comfort of the hotel is always superb. The loacation is good for going in to town but quiet at night. The staff all always very keen to ensure that your stay is enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

As a regular visitor to different Premier Inns, you tend to know what to expect, clean rooms, good service, and decent food at the attached restaurant, this premier inn surpassed itself, with some excellent customer service.

The lady on check in was excellent, and involved the children talking about their day, the family room was massive (room 23) and ideal as we had space (2 adults, 2kids). We dined in the Table Table restaurant, and again, perfect service, and nice food, the waiter even allowed us to order a glass of milk for our youngest and when we were ready to leave, allowed us to take it back to our room prior to bedtime. Nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast in the restaurant was again efficient and food of a high quality.

Fantastic stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I had a very good experience with them. I strongly recommend it to everyone. I was searching for a budget hotel with necessary facilities. It was very gud and friendly one. I am really impressed by the service they have rendered.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank innocenteyz
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

There was a party of 10 of us stayed here, the hotel was clean, the room were large with everything you need (bed, tea and coffee machine, bath and tv) The reception were helpful, vending machine if you were hungry and pub across the road! The hotel doesn't claim to be chic or boutique but for an over night stay the beds are comfy and there's black out blinds you cannot fault it. Exactly what you come to expect from a premier inn!

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burton upon Trent
Premier Inn Burton On Trent Central Hotel
Premier Inn Burton On Trent Cent...
#3 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Central Hotel
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Cen...
#4 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-...
#5 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
#8 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
The Unicorn Inn
The Unicorn Inn
#2 of 2 in Newton Solney

Been to Premier Inn Burton On Trent East Hotel? Share your experiences!