Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Chaotic restaurant

Reviewed 1 week ago
Michael C
Derby, United Kingdom
Lovely as usual with one hitch

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
iamroyle
uk
via mobile

All reviews afternoon tea sunday dinner clothing shops birds of prey quiche large restaurant lunch food craft shop wide choice christmas decorations play area for children cream and jam hot drinks side salad my dad on site plants
Reviewed 2 days ago

We have visited this centre for years and for the last year the meals and service have deteteriated very much! Not sure if it's under new management but the carvery is not worth the fee! The food was warmed up.hard and we are disappointed and will only buy tea coffee ect in future.The garden centre is lovely but the cafe is not what it once was ,superb food and service! The management need to reassess this as we heard lots of diners complaining , a real shame and hope they soon improve it to what it was!

Reviewed 6 days ago

My partner Brendon Stinson and I have been traveling around the world for 13 months - and the Hawksflight Falconry experience was by far one of our favorite experiences!

David is a very knowledgeable and informative guide. He truly went above and beyond as he provided us with information on the birds, what they eat, and how they act in their natural environment. There was not a single question we asked that he could not answer.

Not to mention, David made all this learning FUN! He was very hands on, demonstrative, and communicative, which made this experience so positive!

The birds were amazing, a great variety of owls, hawks, and falcons to watch in their daily routines. Watching these massive birds sweep down from the trees to land on your outstretched arm was absolutely breath taking!

If you are considering a Falconry course for your Bucket Lists, or just for an experience, look no further! We HIGHLY recommend David and Hawksflight Falconry!

1  Thank Karson W
Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited this garden centre primarily to have lunch in the restaurant. We opted for the carvery which took a long time to serve and we noticed that the portions of meat varied considerably from one customer to the next. We then had to queue again for hot drinks, and then queue yet again to pay for the meal. Things were so chaotic at the cash desk that the cashier was telling everybody to go and eat their meals and come back to pay him later. We wondered how many customers were sufficiently honest to do that? By the time that we had done all this, and then found a table, the food was almost cold so it was now a very pleasant experience
There is an extensive choice of food, clothing and Christmas decorations but the poor gardener has to look hard to find the things that GARDEN centres are supposed to sell.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Myself and my wife visited the garden centre today and decided to have some lunch.
I'm afraid to say the whole episode was well below acceptable standards.
I decided based on the pre plated food in the display counter to opt for a stilton ploughmans.
My wife selected a chicken wrap, order placed we went to pay.
In the time that passed before the food arriving we managed to drink our drinks a read the free paper cover to cover.
When the food did arrive it was clear that my salad was the very same one from the counter, both unrefridgerated and uncovered. The lettuce was 'rotten and the ham 'very well aired'.
When I returned the meal to the counter, I was asked twice what was wrong with it, whilst I clearly pointed out the issue of it being unfit to serve.
The only positive was that I was refunded in full for the salad.

2  Thank RGCS C
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We love coming here, been coming for years and never disappointed. Christmas decorations and gifts are lovely. Only disappointment this time was in the cafe. We had the roast beef carvery and unfortunately, on this occasion, the beef was gristly, tough, and chewy. The veg were mushy and cold too. Shame really as we were really looking forward to-it. We took it home for the dog and he loved it. But at £18:75 for two perhaps we were expecting too much. Wont stop us coming through as the shopping experience is excellent.

1  Thank iamroyle
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A nice afternoon. A relaxing time looking at the Christmas decorations and having a cake and coffee.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice meal and not overpriced, will go again.
Gets busy and you have to be prepared to wait in the queue if you want the carvery.
Self-service may not be to everyones liking, but remember it is a Garden Centre and not a restaurant

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We often visit as my better half has discount / free drinks offers as a result of being a Gardening Club member. Food can be pricey especially their lunches.Good for a cuppa and getting out of the house - we live locally.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Came here for what we thought was going to be a nice lunch with my mom, nan, sister and daughter. My mom and sister ordered bruschetta and when it came it wasn’t a “normal” bruschetta so they both decided to send them back and have something else. It was no bother to 2 of the members of staff who helped us. Once we finished our meals a woman who serves the food came storming up to us with an absolute face on her demanding why the bruschetta was sent back. My mom explained one of the reasons being is that it came with olives on (that wasn’t stated on the menu) which they both dislike. She could not let go of the fact we sent the food back and was really unprofessional even stating that this is not Frankie and Benny’s (obviously we already knew this when we decided we were going to a garden centre) all of a sudden she pointed fingers at myself and sister and said there was no need for us to be so rude and stormed off to which she slagged us off to many of the other members of staff in the room who even came up to us to tell us what she was doing. I have never been so insulted in a restaurant before. The only thing I ever said to the woman was we ordered 2 not 1. She clearly has an anger/lying problem and should not be around paying customers!!

1  Thank EtheridgeSmith
Leanne H, Public Relations Manager at Byrkley Garden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am so sorry to hear your experience was not as you had hoped, we would really appreciate the chance to discuss this matter with you further. If you could send your contact details to info@klondyke.co.uk for us to get in touch.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

The staff in the restaurant are always pleasant and helpful, even when busy. They are happy to offer to carry trays etc for people who may find them too heavy, are in wheel chairs etc. The food is always good from the carvery. Selection of cakes and tray bakes. Garden centre has good variety of garden plus household products. Has a Cotton Traders and Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop within it. During the summer months they have sheep, pig with piglets as well as their two elderly pigmy goats, Aubretia and Fudge in the outside area. Small play area for younger children. Would recommend a visit.

1  Thank candjjames