“Needs a bit of an update”

Spa at Hoar Cross Hall
More attraction details
Owner description: We’re the experts at making people feel good and we’ve designed eden day spas to totally relax and indulge you.As you wind through the beautiful Staffordshire countryside you’ll get a sense of the peaceful tranquility that surrounds Eden Spa. By the time you get to the door, you will be in the perfect frame of mind to start relaxing and enjoying your day of total indulgence with us.
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We have been lucky enough to have been visiting Eden day spa for about ten years, usually a couple of times a year. this occasion was for my daughters birthday and although I booked more than the recommended fourteen days in advance was disappointed to discover that treatment availability was very limited, for any day close to her birthday date, so to be honest we might as well have gone to our usual gym which also has lovely pool etc, it is the pamper treatments we come here for, so book really early if treatments are important to you! We did have a lovely day, but as others have pointed out it is not the same as it once was- they seriously need to invest in a bit of a makeover- it need not be an expensive one - but at least some new cushions/sofas- would be so easy to improve the look of the place. There is a line up of massage chairs in one corridor, none of which work-even my hairdressers can manage one of those in working order! The help yourself drink units look so old that I went without water (and as the therapists spend half their time telling you to drink the stuff I,m sure that's not good!) there were two jugs of what must have been nice fruity flavoured water displayed on a table in the treatment waiting area but I never saw them replenished. It was busy in the pool area and there was nowhere to sit , you obviously have to get there early these days and reserve your seat....Lunch was lovely, food good as ever, however I had to ask for bread rolls, was not offered a drink at all and took half an hour to catch someone to ask for water. There were only two hot dishes to accompany your dinner, potatoes and veg, sadly the veg tray was empty and remained so for the duration of my meal, I didn't like to ask yet again! I also thought the price of coffee in the snack bars was too high, you have paid a lot just to be there, surely a voucher for one or two drinks per visit should be possible, chances are you would still buy a biscuit or treat to go with it. The treatment I did have was ok, though it was a bit of a weird facial, more like Indian head massage, which I guess meant less product had to be used for the actual facial bit, I have never had such a short facial followed by a long massages bit- pleasant but not really a facial. Overall we had a pleasant day but i am not sure if we will return this time, in my opinion the place has remained exclusively priced without maintaining the exclusive standards which is such a shame, it is just too expensive for what is on offer now.

All reviews
in 142 reviews
"therapist"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Spent the day here and really enjoyed it. First time and was a bit nervous due to the recent reviews but had a great relaxing time and will visit again.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Four of us booked to come here, we had a day spa package which included two mini treatments and lunch. We arrived at 10.30, filled out our forms and were told that our treatments were at 11 and 11.30 respectively. We were given no say in when we would get our treatments and when we asked to change the times were sent to the spa reception. At spa reception we were told that our first appointment would be changed and were given varying times between 2 and 5.30 (the spa shuts at 6!). Once given our tour and dressed in our robes we arrived for our first treatment, admittedly 9 minutes late. We were admonished like 4 naughty children and given new appointments again between 2 and 5.30. Imagine my surprise when another lady arrived 11 minutes late for her appointment as was simply called through.
You get the impression that priority is given to those staying overnight, they get a lovely restaurant to dine in and their appointments take priority over us on 'deal' bookings.
Lunch was delicious and the staff lovely.
Lunch ran over and this time a new appointment was arranged with no tellings off or bother. Having previously been given half five appointments as there was nothing earlier available a four o'clock magically became available.
The surroundings in the main pool were tired with some of the loungers having the Turin shroud like outline of previous occupants well embedded. A major us point for myself and another member the if the group was the facial by Eleanor, AMAZING! and highly recommended if you manage to make your bookings.
I am not a fan of using trip advisor to vent after the fact but when you give people the chance to put things but when you encounter unhelpful staff or rudeness (1 member of the spa reception) I feel I am within my rights.
In future they might wish to point out to those booking packages that they will allotted treatment times or give us chance to book them in advance?.
All in your a disappointment and somewhere I won't be rushing back to.

1  Thank Lettie999
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Relaxing facial and back massage was lovely, therapist friendly with good advice for after skin care.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My dad buys me, my sisters and my mom a day at hoar cross every Christmas (for the last four years) we have always enjoyed it and it's the small things that make it special. After today we have decided to try somewhere else next year. We were very dissapointed that the complimentary tea and coffee has been taken away, we were charged £2.95 which we felt was far too much considering last year it was free! It's not about the money but the principal that it wasn't even mentioned. The salad bar at lunch is also extremely limited now! And there was a huge hole in my dressing gown and when we asked to swap it, the lady at the desk searched for the hole as if she didn't believe us! On a positive note, the lads in the restaurant were really friendly and helpful and we laughed so much that we made our own fab day of it!