This was our second visit to Hoar cross and felt sad that the whole hotel/spa has
fallen into a poor to average review from a first class review 2 years ago.
The staff were all friendly and helpful, hence the three stars instead of 1
The food was in the main of good quality if a little slow
Staff tried hard to answer and resolve issues as much as they were able.
The room whilst beautiful in its position and stature has paint coming off the ceiling, and all furniture looks tired and needs upgrading.
My main concern is the cleanliness,
Whilst in the pools I noticed what looked like worn grey tiles around the surface of the pool, to my horror it was ground in dirt/scum which could be removed with your nail double yuk. I brought it to the attention of the manager who promptly assured me that the pools were cleaned every week!!! but that he would look into it, and he reassured me that there would be people cleaning the pools that evening.
However on my visit the following day all of my nail marks from the previous day were still there triple yuk!!. Please note that I may have been the one to bring this to the managers attention but there were others in the pool who were equally bothered by this. Had the pool been competently cleaned I would never have given a negative feedback.
I don't expect this level of dirt anywhere and feel it is a health and safety issue that really should be addressed sooner rather than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a beautifully restored Grade II listed building. We Combine the pleasures of staying in an elegant English Stately Home with the facilities of a modern luxury spa resort, you'll be able to enjoy superb surroundings, fine dining and beautiful bedrooms suites and penthouses. Hidden away in 80 acres of English countryside, the spacious grounds have lakes and wildlife in abundance. Make use of the Tennis Courts, Golf course Practice Area & Driving range. We offer a variety of mouth-watering dishes and a host of therapies to wash away the stresses of everyday life. Treat yourself to a coffee or a slice of cake in the Oasis Cafe. We pride ourselves on our outstanding hospitality, so relax and let our dedicated staff take care of you. Winner of England's Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards for 7 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Hotel Hoar Cross
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Resort
- Cross Hall Hoar
- Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel Staffordshire