I booked a surprise overnight stay for myself and my partner for Valentines weekend. This was the first time either of us had been to a spa resort and we weren't left disappointed. The staff were courteous, highly efficient and very friendly throughout the duration of our stay, particularly during the evening dinner. In fact, the dinner was one of our highlights: the ballroom felt very grandiose, the food some of the best we've eaten anywhere (both here and abroad), and the atmosphere very relaxed and friendly.
We stayed in Room 229, which was one of their "Luxury Suites". It overlooked the beautiful Italian gardens, and had a very spacious and well-fitted lounge area. The room service staff had done a marvellous job of preparing the room for us (I say this because cleaning staff often get overlooked, or have a rough time on review sites such as this, so I feel the need to make my appreciation explicit).
The spa facilities were on the whole very good. Some of the facilities I must admit to not seeing the benefit of (given that myself and my partner are spa newbies): such as the Kneipp pool, and the blue circular room with jets of water which seemed too low down to be of any use. The other facilities (such as the saunas, steam rooms, Jacuzzis, swimming pool, plunge pool, saltwater pool, etc.) were much more like what I expected. All of the facilities were kept spotless and at most times there were sufficient loungers to relax on.
In terms of the breakfast, this was your standard buffet selection, albeit with very efficient and courteous service. Unfortunately due to other commitments we were unable to stay for lunch (which was included in our package) so we cannot comment on that.
The only three (very minor) downsides were that the walls of our room were paper thin - we could hear pretty much every sentence of our rather chatty neighbours, and listen to them using plug sockets right behind our heads in bed (which alarmed us the first time we encountered it!). The second is that the fan above the bed didn't work, which we could have used given the very warm temperature of the room. The third downside was the fact that all of their spa treatments (not included in the price of the package) were totally booked up with a lengthy waiting list. This was perhaps unavoidable given the last minute nature of my booking. But as I say, these are the most minor niggles in an overall fantastic stay.
Verdict: 9 / 10
It was a shame our schedules only allowed for one night's stay! I would thoroughly recommend this spa resort (and, for the record, we found no evidence of some of the cleanliness or service issues reported by previous reviews). Can't wait to book here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a beautifully restored Grade II listed building. We Combine the pleasures of staying in an elegant English Stately Home with the facilities of a modern luxury spa resort, you'll be able to enjoy superb surroundings, fine dining and beautiful bedrooms suites and penthouses. Hidden away in 80 acres of English countryside, the spacious grounds have lakes and wildlife in abundance. Make use of the Tennis Courts, Golf course Practice Area & Driving range. We offer a variety of mouth-watering dishes and a host of therapies to wash away the stresses of everyday life. Treat yourself to a coffee or a slice of cake in the Oasis Cafe. We pride ourselves on our outstanding hospitality, so relax and let our dedicated staff take care of you. Winner of England's Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards for 7 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Hotel Hoar Cross
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Resort
- Cross Hall Hoar
- Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel Staffordshire