“great place for Girls weekend out :)”

Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoar Cross
Reviewed 9 March 2014

3 of us stayed at Hoar Cross Hall for a weekend on the beginning of Feb 2014. We had a great time there...lunch, dinner and breakfast were amazing and also relaxing time in the spa.
Staff is amazing, very pleasant, friendly and helpful.
Beautiful area where hotel is placed gives even better relaxing time.

hope I will be back there again with my girls or my husband ;)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Hoar Cross Hall S, Guest Relations Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear DotiMa,

Thank you for this very positive review, I agree as we are set in 80 acres of beautiful grounds and in the middle of the country side it’s easy to switch off from our usual busy lives. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Four of us have been staying at Hoar Cross Hall for a number of years now. This is our 8th stay and once again we had a wonderful time.

We stayed in the Louisa suite which is a gorgeous quad room. The room was clean and warm. Lovely bedding, towels and complimentary tea/coffee. Plenty of hot water.

Food was good and we met up with 4 other friends for our evening meal. We used the gymnastics, pool areas and yoga session. The treatments were also good.

We will be back next year.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Louby 41,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am always delighted when regular loyal guests post something for us, we are pleased you enjoyed your room, we also have a wonderful Suite for 4 guests with a large lounge with leather sofas and an outside hot tub, maybe for a special occasion ?

We hope to welcome you back for your ninth stay and that you enjoy it even more.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed for one night end of feb! Booked through secret escapes for one night with dinner and breakfast. On arrival the staff seemed to be slightly on the older side so things went a bit slow and I was asked 3 times if I had been to Hoar cross before! Little direction on where to go but we found out way to the oasis cafe. Service was terrible as one older lady on her own again. It looks a little dated so we went down to the spa. Overall impression of the spa was very clean and nice with lots to do. The older pool area looked a little dated so we stayed around the other. Spa treatments were wonderful could not fault and felt very relaxed! Service for dinner was utterly terrible. Food itself was fantastic again, no complaints. We were put in a corner and ignored! No bread or water offered to our table but offered to everyone else around us. Also we sat with dirty dishes for ages and eventually got up and left! The waitress had to chase after us for a signature! At least they finally paid attention. We had a luxury room and it was fantastic although we had trouble with the whirlpool bath. Lovely setting however don't think we would rush back.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear LauraMea93,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I am sorry to hear you would not like to rush back, you should have been offered a map on check in to help you navigate your way around the hotel and spa, or you can always request a full tour which includes some of the history of the stately home part of the hotel.

We now have a new restaurant manager who has made lots of positive changes already, I am confident you would see a different level of service should you return.

I am pleased you used the spa facilities and enjoyed this area.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have just returned from a wonderful overnight stay at the beautiful Hoarcross Hall.

I have nothing but praise for the staff, who were so friendly, polite and helpful.

The hotel room was spacious and clean, with all the coffee-making facilities and necessary toiletries etc.

The spa area, pools and relaxation rooms were perfect.The gardens and walks around Hoarcross are lovely and we even managed to borrow some clubs for a game of golf.

The gym equipment is also very good and the staff extremely helpful. There are several different types of classes to keep everybody happy.

Our evening dinner was wonderful and once again the staff made us feel extra special. Breakfast and lunch was lovely too and I have no complaints about any of the restaurants.

Hoarcross certainly met all of our expectations and we shall definitely be returning very soon.

I must say that I had read a few negative reviews on tripadvisor, but I guess some people just enjoy moaning. I certainly had no complaints !!

Thank you once again to all the staff.

Dear Julie H,

Thank you so much for writing this great review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much, you have been very kind about the staff and we are always so happy when we can make a difference.

I am pleased you mention our wonderful gardens as this is done by such a small team, I will pass this feedback to them.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just returned from our 23rd stay at Hoarcross and as usual I can have nothing but praise for both the staff and the facilities. Unusually there was a blip with the room we booked not being available on our first night but this was dealt with in a very efficient way by the duty Manager Marek and special thanks to Porter Lee for his helpfulness. Do not believe the few negative reports on Tripadvisor, my advise is go and see for yourself and enjoy the wonderful ambiance of the building and grounds, the mouth watering food and the professional treatments, I am sure like my friend and I you will be eager to return

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Feline01

Dear Feline 01,

Many thanks for writing us this review, we are delighted you and your friend enjoyed your stay, thank you for mentioning Lee our wonderful porter by name he will be pleased he made a difference to your stay, and thank you for the advise you give any potential future guests.

We would love to welcome you back for your 24th visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been to hoar cross on a few occasions now and stopped in the princess suite and mini spa. I have always enjoyed hoar cross its very relaxing. I only have a few small complaints. 1 when we stopped the night at dinner soon as you have finished a course even if the other person is eating plates are being taken away. the lighting in the spa could be so much better, more deeper blues n greens in areas with white lighting, and I think there should be more heated sun loungers all little nit picks but I think with these little tweak's, people would be a lot happier. Also the princess suite was suppose to be a private balcony with hot tub but was over looked from rooms above .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dean d,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I will pass on your comments to our maintenance team with regard to lighting we are always happy to receive feedback.

Room 226 the princess suite does have rooms overlooking it so that particular one is not advertised as a private balcony.

I am pleased you are a frequent guest with us and think you might enjoy our royal suite as this has 3 patios and its own outside hot tub and this hot tub is not overlooked it also has its own private sauna and two bedrooms and a large sitting area, may be for a special occasion you might want to give this one a try? I am sure you would love it.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed a couple of weeks ago for a friend's hen do and the service was terrible. It took ages to check in, there was a lot of confusion about rooms. They were so busy that they ran out of robes so some of us didn't have one for the first day. We had no introduction to the facilities or tour which we had as day visitors.The jacuzzi bath in the room smelt terrible. It was so busy that you couldn't relax by the pool because all of the sun loungers had been reserved by towels. I had previously been for a day visit and had a great experience but this time it was far from relaxing and I've booked a trip to the spa at St George's Park for my husband's birthday instead.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Hoar Cross Hall S, Public Relations Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Louise H,

Thank you for writing us a review, I am sorry your were disappointed with your stay, we are always happy to give a full tour and a small history of the stately home if requested, we do also hand out a map to every guest on arrival to help navigate your way around the hotel and spa.

We have now taken a full time pool attendant to stop guests hogging loungers whilst off using other facilities, we have also purchased extra loungers for around the pool.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoar Cross
#1 of 1 in Barton-under-Needwood
Travelodge Burton A38 Southbound
Travelodge Burton A38 Southbound
#7 of 11 in Burton upon Trent

Been to Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!