“Fabulous weekend!”

Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoar Cross
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just back from a weekend break at Hoar Cross Hall! What a wonderful experience! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was beautiful with great views ! The food was excellent from the fine dining restaurant to the buffet lunch and breakfast with great choices. The spa facilities were equally good with an excellent range of treatments available with friendly therapists and great pool areas. As we had lovely weather we took advantage of the outdoor activities the 9 hole par 3 with driving range and a bike ride around the lovely grounds! I would thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Hoar Cross Hall S, Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Tina W,
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us.
As you have pointed out the golf course and driving range are a good standard and I am pleased to see that as the weather improves our guests are making the most of the beautiful grounds in which we sit. Maybe on your next visit you could try the archery?

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived on a beautiful sunny afternoon, we stayed in a suite which was very impressive, quiet and over looked the gardens.
Enjoyed walking around the well kept gardens before our evening meal. The restaurant was beautiful and all staff were really helpful. Food was well presented especially starters and puddings and tasted delicious.
Breakfast was buffet style the same with lunch and in a beautiful room. (Warning it does get really warm in that room).
We will definitely return.
We did not use the spa.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor.

Dear NigelM1964,
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay however you really must return to use the spa. You missed out on so much relaxation.
Also sincere thanks for bringing to my attention the issue with the temperature in the Plantation Restaurant. I have now had the opportunity to look into this with our Maintenance team and the air conditioning has been serviced which appears to have helped.
We all hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in a classic room with dinner, breakfast and lunch. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable with nice complementary toiletries. The view of the gardens was very nice. We made full use of the spa facilities and particularly enjoyed the sauna, aroma-room, “snooze room” and heated loungers. Unfortunately one section of the spa was closed off but there was still plenty to do. The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed taking a walk around the gardens and woodland as well as lazing on the outdoor hammocks! Before dinner we had a few drinks at the Champaign bar and listened to the pianist before being led to our table. The food was outstanding and the service was very attentive. Breakfast and lunch were both buffet style and there was plenty of choice. Most of the staff were very polite and helpful however one male attendant obviously got fed up of walking behind us as we explored the building and rather than saying “excuse me”, demanded to know where we were going, snapping that “the only thing that way is the pool table”. Well, for all he knew we could have wanted to play pool! Despite this minor blip, we both came back relaxed and rejuvenated.

1  Thank Riva E

Dear Riva E,
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the manner of a team member as you were exploring. I do hope that other than this "blip" you found the team to be pleasant and helpful throughout your stay.
I will endeavour to identify the team member you met and conduct further customer service training with the individual to ensure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have just returned from one of the most relaxing weekends of my life. I have just spent 2 wonderful days & 1 wonderful night at Hoar Cross Hall. I went with my daughter & cousins to celebrate my upcoming 40th. The food was out of this world, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The suite was immaculate & so comfortable & the treatments we had were second to none. I can not wait to return next year....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nikkibow38

Dear Nikkibow38,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. It is always a pleasure for the team to know they have played a part in making a special occasion such as your 40th birthday memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I did an overnight stay 7/6/2014. The grounds and building wonderful but sadly one section of the spa was closed the whole weekend due to chlorine. The other section was packed. You could not book any treatments,
Breakfast trays empty and I had to ask for the food to be brought out. I have been several times before and it was a much nicer enviroment. Ill be going to Ragdale Hall from now on.

3  Thank Jacqueline B
Hoar Cross Hall S, Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Jacqueline,
Unfortunately on the weekend that you stayed one of the pools was closed for a couple of hours due to an incident that resulted in us having to treat the water. We always strive not to cause such disruption to our guests yet have to place your health and safety as our first priority.
As Hoar Cross Hall is such a popular venue we do advise all of our guests to book their treatments as far in advance as possible. Availability to book treatments on the same day that they are due to take place is often limited and I am sorry that you found there to be insufficient availability for your chosen treatments.
Regarding the breakfast service this is unacceptable and a matter that the management team are investigating and new procedures will be introduced to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we are able to improve the service we provide.
I am sorry to read that you are unlikely to return however should you wish to do so please do contact our Customer Services Team who will be happy to help and ensure that your next stay is a much more relaxing experience.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

As with any spa retreat there are always faults but this who are already in relaxation mode generally miss them! Overall I love visiting and staying here. Most of the team are fantastic My lady Constance is a stunning room and the gym and spa facilities are great! (My only fault is the moaning you hear from the team there about their jobs!) DO NOT MISS NEW YEAR HERE - CHAMPAGNE, NEAPS AND TATTIES, STUNNING ROOMS, GYM, BREAKFAST, LUNCH, 6 COURSE MEAL- I WOULDNT GO ANYWHERE ELSE NOW :)

Room Tip: Pick the central rooms - great views and you can walk down the grand staircase for breakfast !!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ells1090

Dear Ells1090,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit and yet really saddened to hear that the staff seemed less happy during your time with us. Our guests satisfaction is important to us and in order to deliver this our teams always work hard. Your feedback has allowed me to step back and realise that some of their efforts may have been overlooked and this has now been rectified.
A happy team is invaluable in the effects that it has on the overall enjoyment for all.

I sincerely hope that on your next visit you will see us all back at our best for a sing along to Auld lang syne.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was introduced to Hoarcross Hall by a friend a number of years ago and have enjoyed several day spa and spa breaks the last one being in 2009. I have wanted to return with my daughter to introduce her to the Hoarcross experience but had been put off by the poor reviews. I decided to take the plunge and we have just returned from our week end break. My daughters words when we pulled up were "Wow Mum". From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we experienced nothing but fantastic customer service . Special mention by the way to Terry the porter a very friendly first impression.
I don't really know what else to say, Yes I could nit pick but it's an old building and styled accordingly . We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: If you let the hotel know your requirements all staff are knowledgeable about the rooms and can disc...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Vivienne L

Dear Vivienne,
I am pleased to hear that you chose to visit us again and found for yourself that Hoar Cross Hall is still as magical as ever. However hard we try we simply cannot please everybody. Just as our guests read the reviews on sites such as Tripadvisor so do we. The information we gather allows us to grow and improve as a business and for this reason we welcome all feedback, both positive and negative.
I have passed on your appreciation to Terry and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoar Cross
#2 of 7 in Lichfield
Stone House Hotel
Stone House Hotel
#2 of 5 in Stone

Been to Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!