We returned home yesterday evening after our 4th annual visit. We love Hoarcross Hall, yes it has had its problems over the years (but that has never detracted from a wonderful relaxing & peaceful stay) I am pleased to report that this year there are wonderful new beds & decor in the wet lounge area and many public areas are fresh & newly painted.
The food as always was excellent. The 3 course al a carte evening meal is wonderful quality & value (it costs a mere £30.00 for non residents) & having to eat gluten free is never an issue........ all items on the menu are marked either gluten free, vegetarian, nut or dairy free.....it is so nice not to be considered a nuisance when you go out to eat...and if there is nothing suitable on the menu, they would happily cook you something else. The evening dinner was so good we are hoping to talk the boss into having the Christmas do at Hoarcross this year & we are hoping to fit in another weekend in October !!
This visit we chose to have our first day lunch in the champagne bar (The bar attendant was delightful & the food delicious) ....as sometimes you can just eat too much if you pay the extra for the restaurant lunch on the first day. We do miss the poached salmon on the Oasis restaurant buffet at lunchtime though.....it was always a winner! The new management seem to be fine tuning & refining everything...cutting out duplications, many treatments for residents are now in the day spa and the old residential treatment reception area is now a nail bar. Residents now check in & wait for treatments at day spa reception....and it works really well.
As always all the staff in all areas were helpful, polite & friendly. Our only minor gripe was that the poor reception staff had a nightmare trying to check us & other residents out, the system wasn't working too well and kept crashing and declining cards. in all we wasted about 35 mins trying to pay. It was a bit stressful as we had treatments booked that we needed to get to! It would be much easier if each resident guest could be given their own personal account even if sharing a room. That way it wouldn't confuse the system or humans when people are trying to split bills & pay part cash, part card & part gift voucher etc.
All in all a fantastic weekend see you again soon !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a beautifully restored Grade II listed building. We Combine the pleasures of staying in an elegant English Stately Home with the facilities of a modern luxury spa resort, you'll be able to enjoy superb surroundings, fine dining and beautiful bedrooms suites and penthouses. Hidden away in 80 acres of English countryside, the spacious grounds have lakes and wildlife in abundance. Make use of the Tennis Courts, Golf course Practice Area & Driving range. We offer a variety of mouth-watering dishes and a host of therapies to wash away the stresses of everyday life. Treat yourself to a coffee or a slice of cake in the Oasis Cafe. We pride ourselves on our outstanding hospitality, so relax and let our dedicated staff take care of you. Winner of England's Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards for 7 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Hotel Hoar Cross
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Resort
- Cross Hall Hoar
- Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel Staffordshire