We arrived at Hoar Cross on Saturday lunch time, we were really excited that the hotel had our room ready a bit early so we could get checked in. At check in we asked to amend the rooms slightly in that two of the girls swapped with each other. At the time we did this we specifically asked whether it would be a problem at check out with the cards that you charge all purchases to being in the wrong rooms. The girl at reception was adamant she would swap it over and that it would be fine on check out. When we got to check out it was an absolute mess, loads of incorrect charges and loads of mistakes, it took one of us half an hour to sort out the bill which left a very sour taste in all of our mouths.
The spa itself is lovely, really extensive and brilliant therapists and treatments, I really feel that the hotel side lets it down, the grounds are beautiful but the rooms are not what you'd expect of a hotel of this standard, everything is a bit dated and needs a complete refurb. Dinner was a joke, the waiting staff didn't have a clue what they were doing, they tried to palm off a chicken ceasar as a completely different chicken dish. They brought the wrong meals for two of us and the service was shabby at best, the waiting staff didn't have a clue and were really rude.
Breakfast and lunch were downstairs in the spa the next day and were much better. All in all, go for a spa day and don't stay - you'll have a much better time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a beautifully restored Grade II listed building. We Combine the pleasures of staying in an elegant English Stately Home with the facilities of a modern luxury spa resort, you'll be able to enjoy superb surroundings, fine dining and beautiful bedrooms suites and penthouses. Hidden away in 80 acres of English countryside, the spacious grounds have lakes and wildlife in abundance. Make use of the Tennis Courts, Golf course Practice Area & Driving range. We offer a variety of mouth-watering dishes and a host of therapies to wash away the stresses of everyday life. Treat yourself to a coffee or a slice of cake in the Oasis Cafe. We pride ourselves on our outstanding hospitality, so relax and let our dedicated staff take care of you. Winner of England's Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards for 7 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Hotel Hoar Cross
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Resort
- Cross Hall Hoar
- Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel Staffordshire