“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hoar Cross
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely relaxing time with well balanced adequate good
The spa & exercise facilities were fabulous & after my stay I feel fabulous

There are newer reviews for Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my first visit to Hoar Cross Hall, and it is absolutely stunning, the building and gardens are fantastic! The staff are extremely attentive and friendly, each and everyone of them smiled and said 'Good morning/afternoon' even if you were just passing in the corridors.
I have to say I was a little worried as I had read some far from good reviews, but there was nothing I could fault or complain about, even if I was to be finicky!

My Elemis frangipani body wrap was heaven, the products are so luxurious and Laura S, my therapist, was lovely, really friendly and carried out an amazing treatment, she ran through all of the information before and after the treatment, she was fab!

I have read some reviews that say the spa/hotel is dated but we wandered around the older and newer parts of the hotel and found everything was just perfect, having not stayed over I cannot comment on the rooms, but all areas of the spa and restaurant were spotlessly clean, and seemed very well maintained.

We had a 3 course lunch in the day spa, the food was very good and again the staff could not do enough for us.

I honestly cannot think of anything I would of changed about any part of the day, except for it to have lasted a little longer, had a thoroughly enjoyable time and will be booking up to stay overnight very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the spa resort for 2 nights which I reviewed separately and was a very good experience, which included the great afternoon tea, however the 3 course dinner at the restaurant was a disappointing experience.

First off, the menu seemed a little uninspiring, especially given the sample menu online which looked much more developed and accomplished. We were seated fine and we ordered prosecco to arrive before our starters, and red wines chosen for our mains and we asked for a jug of water. The prosecco however came at the end of the starters and the red wine didn't appear until the end of our mains, of which we sent them back. The jug of water never arrived. Our fillet steaks which had a £9 supplement each were over cooked (asked for rare but not far off medium), the carrots were pretty much raw and the fondant potato was undercooked in the middle. We spoke to the waitress and mentioned all of this, including the absence of water, and she spoke to the restaurant manager but still no water arrived. After our desserts which was pleasant, the manager apologised for the mess up with the drinks, and agreed re the undercooked veg. She waivered our supplements and gave us a complimentary drink and advised us that the restaurant isn't normally run like this. And we finally got some water.

For what would have been nearly £100 for the the meal, and something I was very much looking forward to after seeing the online sample menu, and for a 2 rosette restaurant, it was a disappointing affair. Subsequently we didn't eat there for the second night. The only saving grace was the professionalism and courteousness of the restaurant manager who seemed to be the only person who had a clue what they were doing.

3  Thank Pughio83
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Myself and my friends had a fantastic afternoon tea here. We were all very impressed with the quality of it. Its the 2nd best place I've been for afternoon tea after the Ritz. The waiter was excellent and it was great to be able to brew our own pots of tea. Great choice of sandwiches, cakes and scones and even little pots of chocolate mousse. We couldn't eat it all but I prefer that to not being given enough! I'm looking forward to my next afternoon tea at Hoar Cross very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have visited Hoar cross Hall every couple of years since around 2002 and each time I stay, I'm sad to say, there have been noticeable cutbacks in what's on offer, no real improvements and higher prices, have almost obliterated the 'wow factor'.
Gone are the luxurious, towelling bathrobes, now replaced by lightweight 'waffle-weave' for cheaper laundering as are the endless cups of complimentary teas in the long gallery and slumber lounge (now a tea room which charges). The dining room, with it's reduced menu, where one's table was once adorned with a silver candelabra, where the main course arrived under an antique style silver cloche plate, just isn't the same with a tea-light.
The water grotto was out of action and taped off with safety cones during our stay and were were asked not to use the jacuzzi as it would interfere with a class in the pool.
We stayed in Room 212 where the mixer tap in our bathroom was leaking very badly and spayed water all over the floor and walls when in use and the small opening window and poor ventilation was totally inadequate for the size of room on a very warm night, resulting in very little sleep. It was literally like a furnace, particularly in the bathroom which did have an extractor fan but this only worked with a very bright light so not much help leaving the bathroom door open.
As on a previous visit, the 'hot plates' at breakfast weren't even as lukewarm as the food and I had to send my breakfast to be microwaved and we had to ask twice for a pot of tea. The eastern European staff at breakfast and lunchtime seemed quite anxious to 'move us on' so they could get packed up which isn't conducive to a restful break.
All-in-all, not a very relaxing or luxurious break but thank goodness it was sunny outside so we could enjoy and afternoon sleep on the loungers in the garden (just like at home).