“fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopwas
birmingham
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2008

Myself, Mother and Sister stopped for two nights.
Our room was lovely with everything you could ask for.
The breakfast was out of this world. You could have cereal, fresh fruit, full english, salmon, white and brown toast, tea and coffee and fresh orange juice.
The staff was so friendly, it was as if we had known them for years. Jean the cook was like a mother to us and she is an excellent cook.
Carol the cleaner was so helpful, if you have any concerns or requirements, she dealt with them so quickly.
Lisa and Stuart who run the bed and breakfast were so helpful and a lovely couple.
The village location was beautiful and we enjoyed our evening walks.
I would recommend anyone to stay there.
Go on give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rhondda South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2007

My friend booked me in so I had no idea what it was going to be like and when I was shown to my room I was over the moon as it was far better that a lot of hotels I stay in overnight on business. Breakfast the next day was amazing - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. I will definitley stay again.

Stayed November 2007
norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

FantasticStay! Warm Welcome Lovely setting!!. Stayed at " The Farm" whilst exhibiting at the NEC. Lisa the owner was Fab, even organising early breakfasts - which was worth getting up for! Fresh Fruit selection is a great idea, along with the facility to help yourself. We stay in many hotels due to the line of work and this is one of the best. Relaxed atmosphere, and you feel like a person and not a room number! Staff really friendly and helpful, one of them even dropped us of at a local restaurant. Views are lovely and the setting is wonderful!! We will be back at the next NEC event (if not before!!) Thankyou! C J Safety.

• Liked — LOCATION FACILITIES & SERVICE
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
United Kingdowm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2006

Very nice warm welcome...We paid just £65 per room per night. (Usual price we were told is £85 which I feel is a bit over the top) Had we realised the pool could be used by guests we would have loved to have used it...but this was not made clear to us.

Breakfast in the morning was ok...bit small, not the usual 2 sausages, 2 eggs etc, just one of everything. No jam or honey to be found to put on toast either.

Nice clean and well set out rooms with all the comforts of home in a very nice setting with Canal running through the back garden.

We would probably stay there again!

• Stayed February 2006
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2005

We have stayed at this B/B many times, but it has now been taken over by new management/owners.
Although the room we always have was still the same with 4 poster bed and beautiful views, the owner was not available when we arrived and we didn't see her for the time we were there, which, with the other owners was what gave this B/B a personal touch. The breakfast was not of the same standard, we were not offered a menu as we had been used to, I had to ask for cereal as this was not on the table, and the fresh fruit was limited. When I asked for decaffinated coffee at the breakfast table, I was told they couldn't find any, and I was told they had found it only when I was checking out. The cost had gone up significantly to £85 for 1 night, which my wife and I didn't feel was reflected in the service.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank Woerd
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2004

Top-class bed and breakfast establishment conveniently located in pretty canal village close to Lichfield and Tamworth. Very friendly welcome and super spacious bed in a large en-suite bedroom with all the trimmings. One of the best breakfasts you could hope for. Only downside was some late night activity in the indoor swimming pool which disturbed our slumber a little - otherwise excellent and good value.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopwas
Drayton Manor Hotel
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,025 reviews

Been to Oak Tree Farm? Share your experiences!