Oak Tree Farm
US$101
US$88
US$82
HIExpress.com
Travelodge Tamworth Central(Tamworth)(Great Value!)
US$52
Hotels.com
US$123
Hotels.com
US$206
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield(Lichfield)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$57
US$89
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsred lionfull englishlarge comfy bedtame otterwithin walking distanceswimming poolfresh fruitsuperior roomlocal pubbed and breakfastbeautiful roomshort walkthe main housequiet locationperfect staynational arboretumhome from home
Reviewed 5 December 2008

I booked a room at Oak Tree Farm for my partners 40th birthday, he is originally from the area and we were meeting up with family at a nearby pub for a meal.
The Oak Tree Farm was fantastic, our hosts were lovely and friendly, rooms were very clean and so luxurious and we had a fantastic breakfast.
We loved it so much we booked a return visit, i can't wait !

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2008

what a WARM welcome, heating on full, friendly atmosphere , fantastic breakfast, room more than adequate with two adults and two children, beautiful room towels and cotton sheets. Shampoo and so on would be a lovely weekend break , MUST TRY.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2008

After looking for a B&B and reading the various reviews
I stayed at Oak Tree Farm 27/10/08 to 31/10/08, whilst I can understand the rave reviews Oak Tree Farm has received (comfortable rooms & lovely breakfast) in my case standards dropped considerably.
On arrival the toilet paper was soiled with toilet cleaner and my room never got cleaned for the entire duration of my stay, I never received clean towels or bedding!
I did however receive a txt at 23.43 on 30/10/08 (I work nights) requesting that I change rooms to room 6 as a family were arriving at noon the following day and required the room that I was in (room 3).
The management have not spoken to me so I must assume that they were happy with the service that they provided and I have marked my stay accordingly.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank litetaveller
oaktreefarm, Owner at Oak Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2008

Firstly I would like to reply to comments posted on this site regarding Oak Tree Farm -
On the first point of the toilet roll
being marked with green toilet duck cleaner,
this is if course a mishap on housekeeping
and our apologies - but obviously a slight spillage may have occured whilst carrying out daily cleaning duties - I hardly think that this a
major cause of complaint to be noted on Trip Advisor. If anything the toilet was professionally cleaned using cleaning products- That could happen at any establishment.

On the second point of rooms not being serviced - When we are informed of a day sleeper, it is made quite clear to housekeeping that the guest is not to be disturbed, as our main concern is for the guest to receive an excellent days sleep.
Sufficient towels are left in the room for the guest.
One would expect that a guest sleeping days
would volunteer their sleeping pattern as guests would be upset if we were knocking on their doors whilst they are fast asleep -
If we are not informed of these times how can we expect to service the room - we do not service rooms prior to 9am and after 5pm

A late complimentary check out is offered to day sleepers. However we suggest if we feel that a guest may be disturbed as a result of
any other bookings that we have
in the best interest of the guests ,we may suggest they move rooms to ensure their slumber. It is not fair to ask new arrivals to creep around during the day because some one is asleep -
our upper most goal is to try and ensure that ALL guest are comfortable.

Reviewed 20 October 2008

This is fabulous ...a gem.

The fantastic hospitality, that Lisa and Stewart, the Hoteliers, Irene, Brian, Jean and Carol extended to everyone makes a difference..
.not a name in book.....someone they looked forward to meeting... nothing is too much trouble.

Set in an beautiful part of the countryside, in a quiet idyllic village settting.,Oak Tree Farm is within walking distance of the Tame Otter pub, canal side walks, riverwalks and easy driving distance to the Alrewas Arboreteum memorial and Drayton Manor. Thats not even mentioning access to shopping at Litchfield an old Roman City!!

Well, were do we begin,...a lovely warm welcome at reception, fantastic, spacious, spotlessly clean, beautifully appointed bedrooms, all ensuite, (not small shower rooms, beautiful full bathrooms). We had a room with uninterupted views across the fields to the river, a four poster bed and sofa on which we watched the sun go down and heard nothing but the birds in the trees, and an occasional 'nay' from the horses. Am I painting a clearer picture now...I hope so because even the brochures don't do justice to this exceptional find!!!

Fabulous breaskfast......Jean and Carol made us a great 'VEGGIE' breakfast freshly cooked, there was so much choice, fresh fruit, cereals, full english. fish etc I could go on....

There are great facilities. a swimming pool, comfortable lounge area, dining room, outdoor spaces to roam around....

Really, enough of the reading, get booking,!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2008

We booked this hotel as it is very close to Drayton Manor/ Thomas Land. We were taking my son there for his 4th birthday, I called the hotel and asked them to put some ballons in the room, for my son. They did a fantastic job with ballons and banners decorating the room. He was delighted.

We stayed in room 4 of the coverted stables. It is perfect for a family of 4. Large comfy bed for Mum and Dad and a pull down sofa for kids and still lots of room for the kids to play.

The Oak tree farm is set in a picturesque village with a streem, local pub, horses in the field etc. everything you could want from a country BB.

The owners are very friendly always happy to help. We planned to use the pool but the kids were too tired after a full day of Thomas land.

I would highly reccomend this accomodation and would definetly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family