My new wife and I were married here on 26/8/2012 and all I can say is that it was absolutely perfect!
During the planning stages, all the staff were so helpful and remembered us when we called up. We were then given a full run through of the day ahead by Mark so we both felt very comfortable and prepared for what was bound to be a nervous day!
On the actual day, Steve was there waiting outside for our arrival and guided us through the day at every step and telling us what the next steps were. He ensured the day ran like clockwork! During the meal there were ample staff meaning all meals were out at a similar time and the food was wonderful! Our guests commented all day about how they enjoyed their meals and how generous the portions were. The venue looked amazing and since the refurb of the room has been recently carried out we couldn't ask for more.
We were lucky to have a lovely day so therefore could make full use of the beautiful gardens with spectacular views of the Roaches. This really made the day as people were able to relax outside in the sun.
The evening do was also faultless with staff again making sure we knew what we needed to do and when. The in-house DJ had a great selection of tunes and made for a great atmosphere!
The accommodation was spotlessly clean and although not the cheapest was worth the cost. Our early to bed guests noted how they could still hear no noise from the very loud and boisterous party we were having down stairs.
Overall, I honestly believe that this is the best all round wedding venue in Staffordshire, and I have been to most of them. I think what makes the venue is the fact that your bar and dance floor and all in the same room so you dont end up with your party split between various rooms which happens in lots of other local venues. The staff, venue, gardens and food were wonderful! Highly, highly recommended!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the picturesque Staffordshire Peak District. Our 26 bedrooms range from contemporary Classic, Superior luxury bedrooms with massage showers or whirlpool baths and our Five new Garden Rooms featuring a private garden complete with personal cedar wood hot tub make our Hotel the perfect place to stay. Two dining options Bar & Grill offering casuel dining with homely classics & the Inka Grill an oven which uses quality charcoal instead of gas or electric and because it is enclosed, the Inka cooks at a very high temperature up to 500.c. Not only does this speed up cooking time but achieves a combination of roasting and barbequing that produces stunning flavours and unequalled tenderness to our Locally sourced Steaks and Gourmet Burgers also our 2 AA Rosette Brasserie with its open kitchen, large oak trussed ceiling offering delicious local food from an imaginative menu. The Millwheel Spa provides an experience for guests with wellbeing benefits and relaxation. The location means the views from the gardens are magnificent with breath-taking views of the Staffordshire Moorlands, Tittesworth Reservoir and the rock formations of the Roaches. Guests can enjoy local walks and experience beautiful views of the surrounding Peak District. Or even venture to the stunning Chatsworth House, The Potteries, The town of Buxton or even Alton Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Three Horseshoes Inn And Country Hotel
- The 3 Horseshoes Inn & Country Hotel
- Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa Leek, Staffordshire