Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$98
Quality Inn(Hanley)
US$68
US$66
Priceline
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$99
PremierInn.com
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$62
US$59
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsgarden roombeach hutstables restauranthot tubcourse mealplunge poolsteam roomsuperior roomafternoon teasteakbirthday treatbar grillmy partnerfour poster bedfollowing morningfor sunday lunchfrom start to finish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Booked this as a 1 night stop over for my wife and I, and 2 friends as we were spending 2 days at Alton Towers.

First impressions were good from pulling into the large, clean well lit car park.

Walked into the modern clean reception area and were met politely and checked in with all the necessary information for food and amenities etc.

We then went and dropped our luggage in the room and got a quick shower before tea. Rooms were fantastic. We only booked the cheapest budget rooms but they were more than what we needed. Nice size, spotlessly clean, very nice and modern and everything worked. An added bonus was the fantastic view.

We then used the pub for tea. Great menu, good service, nice atmosphere and the food was unbelievably good!! Homemade lasagne followed by syrup sponge pudding and custard. My wife had chicken cesar salad.

Followed by a nice comfortable sleep.

As you can tell we were massively impressed with this B&B, far exceeded our expectations. About 20 minutes drive from Alton Towers which was just a nice distance. Very well priced and all round great experience. Will definitely visit again if were in the area. A credit to the owners and the staff who work there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I called here for a late lunch on Tuesday 8th July, having driven past the place on many occasions, but never ventured inside. We ordered our food and were advised it would be 20 minutes, probably less. After fifteen minutes a waitress came and informed me that my choice, the liver, was not available. No apology, just walked up and said 'there's no liver'. So I chose an alternative. A few minutes went by and then the same waitress came to our table and said 'one pound twenty please'. I pointed out that although I would have been happy to pay the difference in price of the meal if I had been informed somewhat earlier, I didn't think asking for it now was either good customer service or appropriate. It wasn't my fault there was no liver. We waited while she went to speak with someone and eventually she returned to say 'that's ok', no apology, and told us our food would be about another ten minutes, making our wait now 45 minutes. However surprise surprise, no sooner had she vanished, our food appeared. Unfortunately my wife's salad was covered in french dressing when she had specifically requested 'no dressing'. Back to the kitchen with her meal for it to be amended, so eventually it was 45 minutes before we received both meals. The food was very good, especially my cured blade of beef stew. All in all, a mixture of good and bad. We will definitely be back, perhaps for the carvery, which we were too late for, but looked excellent. Hopefully the management will sort out obvious problems with customer service and communication.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rod u
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Anybody visiting this area must visit this Inn/Hotel. "Thank you" to Amy who dealt with my original booking for Sunday lunch and to the other ladies who dealt with our numerous phone calls to change our arrival time on that day due to a few fellow walkers getting lost!
Cannot praise this venue enough. Customer service at its very best. The food is exceptional, especially the carvery and the desserts, especially the meringues, are amazing!

Thank you to everybody who made us feel so welcome after a long days climbing the Roaches. We are already planning our next walk so we can incorporate another visit to The Three Horseshoes!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for my sisters wedding. The whole day was magical loved every minute. Staff where fantastic. Good was great. Couldn't praise it enough. The building is lovely, everything about the day was great. Would recommend to anyone who was getting married to come here. Really is a fantastic place and the views are lovely and make for great back drops for pictures.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Joanna S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

11 of us came here at the weekend following or trek across the Roaches in a mix of weathers and we got what we came for, a huge smile at the bar thanks Yvonne, and swift friendly service followed by a very tasty carvery with great desserts. This place is great for families, couples, and groups, plenty of space, a good choice of ales and lots of outdoor seating for the sunny days.
Walking day or not, I for one will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends