Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa
US$86
PremierInn.com
US$108
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$71
Priceline
Crown Hotel(Longton)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgarden roombeach hutstables restauranthot tubcourse mealplunge poolsteam roomsuperior roomafternoon teasteakbirthday treatbar grillmy partnerfour poster bedfollowing morningfor sunday lunchfrom start to finish
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Although we were staying at a Caravan Club site close by, we came here for drinks and a couple of meals. We found the staff very helpful and friendly. The food was very good as was the service. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We booked at the last minute for an overnight stay and the room was a fantastic price. On arrival, we went through the pub entrance instead of the hotel, and obviously looking lost, the staff asked if we were ok and kindly pointed us in the right direction,very polite and helpful.
Parking is great and check in was quick, easy, and the receptionist really friendly and helpful.
The room was fantastic seeing as we had only booked the basic. Small, but big enough for what we needed. It was on the front, the same side as the pub entrance, so the only minor gripe was that it was a warm night and we needed the window open and found the traffic noise from the road a bit heavy early in the morning. So a tip would be to ask for a room around the back of the hotel which I think also have better views. Although this is not a hotel with many floors, there is a lift, which was a great help for the room we had.
The room and shower room were spotless, beautiful decor and everything you need including nice complimentary toiletries, and a good shower, flat screen TV on the wall facing the bed.

We had our evening meal there, which was really nice, reasonably priced and the service couldn't be faulted. Only thing was, the brasserie was closed with it being Sunday and I was looking forward to trying the scallops, but maybe next time. We arrived Sunday afternoon, and the pub/restaurant was very busy as they do what looked like a very nice carvery, but by the time we wanted to have our evening meal, it had quietened down considerably.
Breakfast was fantastic, for 10.95, I can honestly say the full english was more than worth it, and cooked fresh to order and plenty of it. There was also a good selection of continental, and fresh fruit on offer as well as a good choice on the menu. Coffee, tea, juices etc.
There are several different places to sit out in nice weather, including a lovely garden area at the back with fantastic views.
There is also a Spa facility which looked very inviting, but as we were only there for an impromptu one night stay, we didn't get to investigate that.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and cannot fault the staff, or the amenities.
Will definitely be making plans to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the back of the hotel, don't know what they're like, but the one at the front was a little too near the road.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Booked this as a 1 night stop over for my wife and I, and 2 friends as we were spending 2 days at Alton Towers.

First impressions were good from pulling into the large, clean well lit car park.

Walked into the modern clean reception area and were met politely and checked in with all the necessary information for food and amenities etc.

We then went and dropped our luggage in the room and got a quick shower before tea. Rooms were fantastic. We only booked the cheapest budget rooms but they were more than what we needed. Nice size, spotlessly clean, very nice and modern and everything worked. An added bonus was the fantastic view.

We then used the pub for tea. Great menu, good service, nice atmosphere and the food was unbelievably good!! Homemade lasagne followed by syrup sponge pudding and custard. My wife had chicken cesar salad.

Followed by a nice comfortable sleep.

As you can tell we were massively impressed with this B&B, far exceeded our expectations. About 20 minutes drive from Alton Towers which was just a nice distance. Very well priced and all round great experience. Will definitely visit again if were in the area. A credit to the owners and the staff who work there.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I called here for a late lunch on Tuesday 8th July, having driven past the place on many occasions, but never ventured inside. We ordered our food and were advised it would be 20 minutes, probably less. After fifteen minutes a waitress came and informed me that my choice, the liver, was not available. No apology, just walked up and said 'there's no liver'. So I chose an alternative. A few minutes went by and then the same waitress came to our table and said 'one pound twenty please'. I pointed out that although I would have been happy to pay the difference in price of the meal if I had been informed somewhat earlier, I didn't think asking for it now was either good customer service or appropriate. It wasn't my fault there was no liver. We waited while she went to speak with someone and eventually she returned to say 'that's ok', no apology, and told us our food would be about another ten minutes, making our wait now 45 minutes. However surprise surprise, no sooner had she vanished, our food appeared. Unfortunately my wife's salad was covered in french dressing when she had specifically requested 'no dressing'. Back to the kitchen with her meal for it to be amended, so eventually it was 45 minutes before we received both meals. The food was very good, especially my cured blade of beef stew. All in all, a mixture of good and bad. We will definitely be back, perhaps for the carvery, which we were too late for, but looked excellent. Hopefully the management will sort out obvious problems with customer service and communication.

1  Thank rod u
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Anybody visiting this area must visit this Inn/Hotel. "Thank you" to Amy who dealt with my original booking for Sunday lunch and to the other ladies who dealt with our numerous phone calls to change our arrival time on that day due to a few fellow walkers getting lost!
Cannot praise this venue enough. Customer service at its very best. The food is exceptional, especially the carvery and the desserts, especially the meringues, are amazing!

Thank you to everybody who made us feel so welcome after a long days climbing the Roaches. We are already planning our next walk so we can incorporate another visit to The Three Horseshoes!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends