Hotel Rudyard
Quality Inn(Hanley)
US$70
US$58
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$90
PremierInn.com
US$142
US$133
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$55
  • Room Service
US$98
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrudyard lakebeefbridal suitecarvery lunchselection of vegetablesmy partnerlovely settingbig thankshotel staffbar menucouldn't do enoughpiping hotbirthday partygreat value for moneylovely foodsurrounding areafollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Held our 25 wedding anniversary here, could I recommend it.....NO..... firstly we had booked the whole of the hotel for stay over accomodation, various family members and friends had requested breakfast in bed this was confirmed at the time of booking in, none of them received breakfast in bed...why offer a service IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DELIVER IT. secondly, we had catered and paid for 80 people for a hot and cold buffet at £17.50pp...I was somewhat concerned when I was advised that the food was running out, when I confronted the catering staff they advised me that there was more food to be placed out....THIS DID NOT ARRIVE... when I questioned it again, I was advised that there was food in the kitchen that could be be put out but it would be at an extra cost....HELLLOOOOOO, IF I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR MY BUFFET WHY WOULD I WANT TO PAY AGAIN?????? to highlight problems with the correct food allocation, when the desserts were put out my son actually counted them and found that the staff had only put out desserts for 40 people again when queried i was adised that there were more desserts in the kitchen that could be put out....WAIT FOR IT.....AT AN ADDITIONAL COST.... NOW IF I HAD BOOKED A BUFFET THAT WAS A PLATTER FOR TWO I COULD UNDERSTAND.. BUT THIS WAS NOT THE CASE.
I have left at least 12 messages at the hotel for a member of their management to call me back to try and resolve my issues, i AM STILL AWAITING...

Based on my experience I CAN NOT RECOMMEND HOTEL RUDYARD... will i be going back, YES once a member of their staff can be bothered to call me so that we can discuss my issues..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Mandy L
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We visited hotel rudyard twice over the space of two days, we were staying at Rudyard Lake Lodges near by and walked to the hotel via the lake for a drink in the evening, first impressions (had recently be renovated) was clean and looked quite busy (always a good sign) had two rounds (1 pint, 1 spirit and coke, and 2 rekordalig's) worked out around £13 not too pricey, spoke to some locals who use the lake alot and have the carvery often and advised us to come back for the sunday lunch!
Revisited the next day to be served by a very rude lady with a miserable face and no customer service skills and overcharged me over £10! When we went back to question, just walked away so was served by another lady who said she didnt have enough money to pay me back so she would come and give me when she had enough in the till (after an hour later - a very poor carvery... she still hadnt given me my money!) very bad service would not recommend!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We called in one weekend and snacked.We didnt want a full meal,but they did smell delicious,and by the number of diners,it seemed popular.We had a drink and the prices were about norm.What we did notice was the pleasant friendly atmosphere,and of course the fantastic surroundings.This hotel/restaurent is set right in the middle of the Staffordshire Moorlands next to a beautiful lake.We walked our snack off down by the lake,which is a canal top up for the area.We have been back since that day to watch the season changing,and there is no where as picturesque as the Moorlands.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 186377Adequate
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Stayed here in 2012 after deciding to make a weekend of a Zorbing day I had booked nearby. The room was nice, a huge bathroom with Jacuzzi bath which was lovely. Everything was quite dated, but it was still lovely & most importantly clean!
The view was beautiful of the hills, and the area which the hotel is situated was really nice, right next to the lake which we spent the day walking around.
For dinner we had the carvery, which was inexpensive and good for the price. Sat in the bar in the evening which the partner enjoyed as the drinks were cheap!
The breakfast was good, we were the only ones in there as we came down quite late.
Overall, for the price, the place is lovely, the staff are friendly. You get what you pay for here, was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LA2807
Reviewed 3 December 2012

not sure what others are talking about - i enjoyed this place, lovely staff, good food & clean rooms. what more do people want - it isn't the savoy but i was not paying £1k/room/night.
Leek is a greatb place to go lots to do - enjoy it - stop complaining and smile

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends