“three day stay.at rudyard hotel”
Review of Hotel Rudyard

and 1 more site!
Hotel Rudyard
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Leek
st helens
“three day stay.at rudyard hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

we had a three day stay at Rudyard hotel from the 30th of may 2013 .a lovely hotel situated in a lovely part of the countryside . the gardens around the hotel was lovely and very relaxing with a glass of wine and listen to the birds singing.the carvery we could not fault.the staff was very pleasant and and everyone was very helpful. all of or friends really injoyed the stay and we will be definite going back for a break because the accommodation didnt break our bank account.a big thank you to all who made or weekend very very enjoyable. col Lesley and lucy ..

Room Tip: we was in 3 and we had a Jacuzzi .but al the rooms was very big and plenty of room .
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
lincolnshire
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked 2 nights at Rudyard Hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary and visit our daughter who was in hospital having her first baby. On arriving we went to the bar and were shown to the reception. The reception was a storage area for chairs etc and was disgusting. By the reception there was a dirty hole in the roof where the rain had come in, probably could not be helped. We were then accompanied to our room on the way there the leather sofa at the top of the stairs was used for storage of bedding, once we arrived at the room I could have cried, the chest of drawers were all stained with spills top and front. The room was unclean and basically the bedding was damp hopefully due to the room not being aired, the stairwell to the rooms smelled dirty and of sick or something. I could not bring myself to stay here so I explained to the girl who escorted us to the room that I could not sleep here, the girl presented the Hotel Supervisor, which I also explained the same to and she seemed uninterested in giving us our money back and then carried onto show us another room newly decorated. The bedroom was better but still not aired, the bathroom was just about acceptable. We was in a situation and did not know what to do, we were basically stuck, we had to get to the hospital so we took the room but under duress. We got back to the room late and the room still had not been aired and was really cold. We got up next morning and went out to breakfast, got back later in the day and had to ask for the heating to be put on to air the room we were so cold. We were just wishing our weekend over. First thing in the morning we got ready to leave, we chanced the breakfast so not travel on empty stomach. The dining area had slug marks on the floor and smelt uncleaned. Breakfast arrived and considering there was only two of us to cook for and nobody else at breakfast it was disgusting. The egg was all brown and crusty underneath and dried out on top where it had been kept warm, the bacon was cold the beans dried up. I actually think that the two breakfasts they served up where two made for the staff, you would not serve them to guests. All in all a disgusting place to stay. I have written a letter of complaint and hopefully one day the hotel will be restored, as the area and lake is beautiful. Rooms are advertised from £39, we paid £65 so what you get for £39 I dread to think! The staff are uninterested and untrained in hospitality. More interested in the workmen who drink in there in the evenings.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE! hats the only tip I have.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dianelincolnshire

Travellers are raving about these Leek hotels

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We came all the way from Stockport for this carvery. Our friends had recommended Rudyard for a day out and told us that the Hotel at Rudyard did an excellent Carvery.
We had a wonderful walk around Rudyard reservoir and what a beautiful place it is.
After our walk we went into the hotel for lunch. The building itself and the grounds are amazing.
We were greeted and told to order at the bar, standard practise at most places theses days. The lady was very helpful even if she was very busy, she took time to explain to us what we needed to do in order to get an amazing carvery.
We had a drink out in the gardens to take a look at this beautiful place and it's surrounding views, before heading to the restaurant/ carvery area.
Oh my god the tables were full of dirty plates and no staff in site. After 5 minutes of waiting I had to go back to the bar and ask the lady if anyone was servicing? she apologised to me for our wait and went to find the staff.
The staff appeared but this seemed to be to much trouble for them.
The carvery was amazing and we really enjoyed our meal and would recommend the food to people.
However we noticed all the time whilst we were in the dinning area that it was like a school play ground for the waiting on staff and the young girl (yes girl clearly very young) who was supervising them seemed to be instigating their behaviour and it was clear she wasn't going to make them work.
Not what a paying customer expects the staff shouting and horse play whilst dinning
Cheap excellent carvery don't let your service become cheap!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anna W
stokeon
Reviewed 16 April 2013

After a long walk round the lake we came the hotel for the carvery, at £3.95 per person it was good value, beef, gammon and turkey all well cooked and a good selection of vegetables.
Hotel rather dated but after a long walk the carvery was very enjoyable.
Waitress was very pleasant and asked us if had enjoyed the meal,the restaurant was quite busy for a weekday lunchtime, so it seems a popular place for lunch.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anneledgar
Biddulph, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Held our 25 wedding anniversary here, could I recommend it.....NO..... firstly we had booked the whole of the hotel for stay over accomodation, various family members and friends had requested breakfast in bed this was confirmed at the time of booking in, none of them received breakfast in bed...why offer a service IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DELIVER IT. secondly, we had catered and paid for 80 people for a hot and cold buffet at £17.50pp...I was somewhat concerned when I was advised that the food was running out, when I confronted the catering staff they advised me that there was more food to be placed out....THIS DID NOT ARRIVE... when I questioned it again, I was advised that there was food in the kitchen that could be be put out but it would be at an extra cost....HELLLOOOOOO, IF I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR MY BUFFET WHY WOULD I WANT TO PAY AGAIN?????? to highlight problems with the correct food allocation, when the desserts were put out my son actually counted them and found that the staff had only put out desserts for 40 people again when queried i was adised that there were more desserts in the kitchen that could be put out....WAIT FOR IT.....AT AN ADDITIONAL COST.... NOW IF I HAD BOOKED A BUFFET THAT WAS A PLATTER FOR TWO I COULD UNDERSTAND.. BUT THIS WAS NOT THE CASE.
I have left at least 12 messages at the hotel for a member of their management to call me back to try and resolve my issues, i AM STILL AWAITING...

Based on my experience I CAN NOT RECOMMEND HOTEL RUDYARD... will i be going back, YES once a member of their staff can be bothered to call me so that we can discuss my issues..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Mandy L
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We visited hotel rudyard twice over the space of two days, we were staying at Rudyard Lake Lodges near by and walked to the hotel via the lake for a drink in the evening, first impressions (had recently be renovated) was clean and looked quite busy (always a good sign) had two rounds (1 pint, 1 spirit and coke, and 2 rekordalig's) worked out around £13 not too pricey, spoke to some locals who use the lake alot and have the carvery often and advised us to come back for the sunday lunch!
Revisited the next day to be served by a very rude lady with a miserable face and no customer service skills and overcharged me over £10! When we went back to question, just walked away so was served by another lady who said she didnt have enough money to pay me back so she would come and give me when she had enough in the till (after an hour later - a very poor carvery... she still hadnt given me my money!) very bad service would not recommend!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We called in one weekend and snacked.We didnt want a full meal,but they did smell delicious,and by the number of diners,it seemed popular.We had a drink and the prices were about norm.What we did notice was the pleasant friendly atmosphere,and of course the fantastic surroundings.This hotel/restaurent is set right in the middle of the Staffordshire Moorlands next to a beautiful lake.We walked our snack off down by the lake,which is a canal top up for the area.We have been back since that day to watch the season changing,and there is no where as picturesque as the Moorlands.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 186377Adequate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leek
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel
The Alexandra Court Hotel
The Alexandra Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Congleton

Been to Hotel Rudyard? Share your experiences!