Hotel Rudyard
Wheatsheaf Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsrudyard lakebeefbridal suitecarvery lunchselection of vegetablesmy partnerlovely settingbig thankshotel staffbar menucouldn't do enoughpiping hotbirthday partygreat value for moneylovely foodsurrounding areafollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I'd like to start by saying I have no idea what hotel some of these moaners have been staying in but it bears no resemblance to the one that has recently hosted my wedding, I can only think that they got out the wrong side of the wonderfully comfy bed! The hotel and the staff from the two lovely ladies cleaning the rooms to the hotel owner were absolutely brilliant, we had a bit of an odd wedding planned and they bent over backwards to help even down to the staff dressing up to fit our theme, the rooms were lovely, the food was fantastic, again we strayed from the norm for the buffet and they came up trumps even fitting around a very fussy vegetarian (me!).. Rach the wedding co-ordinator was fantastic on the day, nothing was too much trouble for her and she smiled all the way through what was undoubtably a very tiring day.. Our guests who took up every room in the hotel were amazed by the comfort, cleanliness and food for the money they paid, there wasn't one bad word said against it... Full marks from myself, my husband and my guests, we will definitely be returning a time or two...

Room Tip: Bridal suites are beautiful and the room at the top has a view to die for
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

On Saturday the 29th of June we booked lunch at the hotel as we had been on a walk around the lake at Rudyard,
We are a walking group and we meet once a month and we often book a lunch.
We all had a carvery for only £3·90 each and I can say that it was one of the best that we have had,
The food was superb superb the meats and veg choice was second to none, and the service was too.
I can recommend this hotel/restaurant to anyone.
Many thanks for a great lunch.see you again in the future..

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank diandave131
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We visited this place today ( myself, hubby, two kids both under 3 and the in laws) and we had a really nice time. The staff were approachable and helpful, the service at the bar was good and the waitress was pleasant. There were quite a lot of people in for the carvery which I couldn't believe was only £3.95 and the other customers were nice and seemed happy enough with the service. There was plenty of choice in veg for the carvery and the meat was really nice, very tender as my father in law pointed out. We all had a really enjoyable time and although the hotel is a bit dated, it sort of adds to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucy P
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Well actually we got a lot more than we expected. Excellent quality and choice of meat, very fresh and tasty, generous portions, good selection of vegetables, friendly and efficient service and a pleasant setting. Oh and lots of spoons!

Please ignore the negative comments on here, some people are never happy. This place is exceptional value for money. The hundreds of people dining here can't be wrong! It's cheaper than eating at home! Kids loved it too.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Went for a carvery on a Sunday afternoon to celebrate a family birthday, we had reserved a table but on arriving the young girls working there could not decide which table they had reserved for us and they had a disagreement about it, in front of us! The dining area is old fashioned, the carvery meat was dried out and the young girls serving were rude and uninterested, they literally throw the plates down in front of you once they have carved the meat, which they cut using the same knife, all 4 different types of meat with the same utensils. The veg was tinned sweetcorn and peas, there were fresh carrots plus some other mush, all mixed together and falling over the sides, with just 3 spoons for approx. 8 different sections! gravy was thick and lumpy, again all dripping over the sides with spills dried on.
Yes it is cheap and I guess you get what you pay for. Such a shame as the bar area, gardens and location by the lake are all fab. But I would never eat here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family