“lunch after a walk by the lake .”
Review of Hotel Rudyard

Hotel Rudyard
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Leek
Reviewed 9 August 2013

my husband booked us a table at this hotel ,it was a sunday so he knew it would be very bizzy .we got there a little early so we went for a walk by the lake ,it was a good day for a walk the sun was sinning after a while i was getting a little hungry so we went back for lunch ,it was a little quite then a wedding party came in good job we had booked there was a lot to choose from four kinds of meat lot of veg and after we had a sweet which we payed exter for .

Room Tip: book as soon as you can
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Wow! what a brilliant place for a wedding!
Our son and daughter in law had their wedding at the Rudyard Hotel on Saturday 3rd August.
The staff were really dedicated, hard working and always smiling. Nothing was too much trouble.
The arrangements went without a hitch, very well organised. The food was good - both wedding breakfast and the evening buffet.
The hotel location and grounds are superb - a really beautiful place for a wedding.
We were somewhat apprehensive when we read a number of negative reviews on this website, BUT - our experience is of a beautiful, happy day in a brilliant hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I cannot express my thanks enough to the wonderful staff at this hotel for a absolutely fantastic time we had staying at this Hotel from Ronnie the owner and Rachel the events co-ordinator and staff for the effort they put in for the weekend. It was a very hectic weekend (Themed Wedding) and nothing was to much trouble for them Ronnie and Rachel went above and beyond what the needed to make sure all the guests were happy from the children to the elderly and disabled and all with a smile on their faces (and believe me that is a task with our family). The hotel was clean and tidy and again the cleaning staff worked with a smile on their faces and nothing was too much for them. The views from each and every angle of this hotel were beautiful. The rooms were large, clean and comfy and the Jacusi in our on suite bathroom was heavenly. Anyone who has written a bad revue about this place certainly didn't stop in the same hotel as us or are just plain moaners who couldn't be pleased no matter what you could do, so, a very big thanks to Ronnie and Rachel and the rest of the staff for one of the most enjoyable weekends myself and my wife have had in a long time. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody and we are are already planning for our next stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for my mums wedding which was also at thehotel . There was me my partner and 5 children and the hotel was fantastic we stayed in a large room which had a double bed and a set of bunk beds and whilst my mum was goin through the rooms with the hotel she mentioned about some of my children top and tailing to which the hotel decided to put us 2 more beds in the room so our 4 youngest where in the room with us with there own beds and there was still plenty of room . The staff all happy and friendly and were fantastic when it came to the night function aswell. all in all very friendly very helpfull had no issues with the children playing ( which is hard to find trust me ) beautifull place would definitely recommend

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I'd like to start by saying I have no idea what hotel some of these moaners have been staying in but it bears no resemblance to the one that has recently hosted my wedding, I can only think that they got out the wrong side of the wonderfully comfy bed! The hotel and the staff from the two lovely ladies cleaning the rooms to the hotel owner were absolutely brilliant, we had a bit of an odd wedding planned and they bent over backwards to help even down to the staff dressing up to fit our theme, the rooms were lovely, the food was fantastic, again we strayed from the norm for the buffet and they came up trumps even fitting around a very fussy vegetarian (me!).. Rach the wedding co-ordinator was fantastic on the day, nothing was too much trouble for her and she smiled all the way through what was undoubtably a very tiring day.. Our guests who took up every room in the hotel were amazed by the comfort, cleanliness and food for the money they paid, there wasn't one bad word said against it... Full marks from myself, my husband and my guests, we will definitely be returning a time or two...

Room Tip: Bridal suites are beautiful and the room at the top has a view to die for
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

On Saturday the 29th of June we booked lunch at the hotel as we had been on a walk around the lake at Rudyard,
We are a walking group and we meet once a month and we often book a lunch.
We all had a carvery for only £3·90 each and I can say that it was one of the best that we have had,
The food was superb superb the meats and veg choice was second to none, and the service was too.
I can recommend this hotel/restaurant to anyone.
Many thanks for a great lunch.see you again in the future..

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank diandave131
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We visited this place today ( myself, hubby, two kids both under 3 and the in laws) and we had a really nice time. The staff were approachable and helpful, the service at the bar was good and the waitress was pleasant. There were quite a lot of people in for the carvery which I couldn't believe was only £3.95 and the other customers were nice and seemed happy enough with the service. There was plenty of choice in veg for the carvery and the meat was really nice, very tender as my father in law pointed out. We all had a really enjoyable time and although the hotel is a bit dated, it sort of adds to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucy P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leek
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
The Izaak Walton Hotel
The Alexandra Court Hotel
The Alexandra Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Congleton

Been to Hotel Rudyard? Share your experiences!