“Great Indian food”

Qarma
Ranked #8 of 97 Restaurants in Leek
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Multi Award winning Restaurant - Voted Top 10 in the UK, best in West Midlands, best in Staffordshire, voted for by the public, voted for by celebrities, MP's and diplomats and also by other chefs within the industry as being one of the finest establishments in the country.Qarma is a restaurant situated in an old mill. It is hidden from general view - the advantage being it is the only restaurant in Leek with it'sown car parking.Inside - we have seating capacity for 170 people. We have a lounge area that seats approximately 40people for you to peruse the menu before odering or relax with a cup of chai after your meal.We also cater for people with physical disabilities - not like others!
“Great Indian food”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice Indian food with polite stuff and marvelous sweets I will be regular customer for sure and I recommend it to all of you

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Μιχάλης Ν

Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had a fantastic meal last night. Food was amazing and lots of new and exciting dishes to try. Looking forward to my next visit to try something different. Staff were extremely friendly. The chef comes out which I think is a lovely touch to check everything was fine with your meal.

2 Thank Claire H
“The positive reviews were right!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

What a lovely place! I was visiting my boyfriend for the weekend, in the local area, and we decided to go out for a curry on the Saturday night. I researched a few places in Leek, but this one had the best reviews. They certainly didn't disappoint! We didn't book a table, and just turned up around 8ish. We had to wait for a table, but did so sitting on comfy sofas and perusing the menu with a drink. We maybe waited around 15 minutes, but it was well worth the wait.
The waiters were very polite and attentive, and the food was delicious. We had poppadoms and pickle tray to start; I'm used to just getting lime pickle, mango chutney, riata and onion salad, however there were some more dips and a mildly spicy onion salad too. All were lovely! I'm not very adventurous when it comes to curry, so ordered a chicken tikka massala, which came with rice (I'm used to ordering separately). My partner had a lovely chicken currym with mango in the sauce, which I tried and loved! We shared a garlic naan, and some saag bhaji, both of which were lovely too.
We also had a bottle of house white, and a pudding. I've never had pudding at an Indian restaurant, and this was wonderful! We shared three kulfi ice creams; rose, pistachio and a mystery one we can't remember! Everything was lovely, and I got a lovely yellow rose when we got the bill.
All this came to less than £45 for us both, such a bargain for such a lovely meal. We forgot to leave a tip, and feel very bad about this, so we'll certainly be visiting again!

2 Thank Jaybird113
Geneva, Switzerland
“Consistently exceeds expectations - great Asian food!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

A great taste from 'old favourites' to innovative new dishes. Very friendly, courteous staff and a warm relaxing atmosphere. We visit Leek 2-3 times per year and ALWAYS make a point of going to Qarma when we're there (sometimes twice per trip!).
Only critique is its a little hard to see from the main road despite only being a very short way along Cross Street. Their entrance (and car park) is just after the back gate to Leek Police Station off Cross Street. Less than 5min walk from Leek's monument (new Premier Inn).
I highly recommend you try this one - you won't regret it!

2 Thank familyrobbins
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quarma Is One Of The Best Restaurants Of Any Kind In The UK”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We visit Quarma as frequently as we are able because the food is consistently fantastic, the staff friendly, relaxed and helpful - anything you need to know about a dish or anything you'd like changed, just ask, and the restaurant is beautiful, spacious and welcoming. You are guaranteed a relaxed an enjoyable evening in my experience. The menu is extensive and the food itself is very authentic, and the quality of ingredients is apparent. My only complaint is that whenever I visit an Indian restaurant anywhere else in the country, it is always a little disappointing by comparison!!

• Visited June 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Colin J