“Superb Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We use this cafe on a regular basis and have never been disappointed. We decided to try the Sunday lunch as a treat and I have to say it was superb. A very generous portion of meat, roast potatoes and Yorkshire Puddings accompanied by a large serving of steaming hot vegetables and two different gravy jugs, one for the pork and one for the chicken. Four of us ate there and we all agreed what a fantastic meal it was. Lovely service as always. Colleen and Mick have worked very hard at making this cafe a warm, welcoming, friendly and comfortable place to visit. They also open on a Wednesday evening with a great value menu and we will be giving it a try in the future. Well worth a visit when in Leek.

Colleen S, Owner at Cafe Clique, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you, positive feedback is very welcome
Colleen

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We went to this cafe at the weekend and were unfortunatley disappointed with the quality of the one of the meals we ordered. No problem we just let them know and expected it to be sorted out... with a cheery smile and apologies for our unmet expectations.

However instead we got a sullen reponse where an alternative was offered... a sorry looking dish which had been knocked together. No enquiries as to whether this new offering was OK, which to be honest it wasn't. I continued to be pleasant even when paying but it was like we had offended them seriously or something, no mention of the food or any apology at any point. I have previously enjoyed a panini on several occasions here but I am disinclined to repeat my business when there are others on offer.

If I had some advice, train you staff to be quick to apologise and make alterantive arrangements. Ask what was up with the meal and even you don't agree, say you'll look into it at least. Then especially when the first meal has failed to meet expectation be quick to check the replacement is OK. How would you like to be treated in a restaurant?

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The Cafe Clique has been a favourite of mine for many years & the only place I eat or drink if I pop into Leek. However, my last visit was so atrocious I vowed to never go back.

I arrived at the Cafe in the late afternoon with my mum, we were on our way home from buxton hospital & fancied a cuppa & some relaxing quality time together. At first glance we thought it was shut but we were then rudely informed by a member of staff that they were open upstairs only. As we reached the top of the stairs there were pictures, screws and rubbish everywhere leaving only one table free for us to sit at. There were no menus on the tables so we waited 15 mins until a rude young waitress asked what we'd like & then pulled a face when we asked for a menu.

The drinks eventually arrived but with no sugar or spoons which took another 10 mins to get by which time we were thoroughly annoyed. To add to all this they were setting up the tables for evening around us and putting pictures on the wall & taking photos of them right infront of us. This made us feel 'in the way' and very uncomfortable...we couldn't finish our drinks quick enough!

We made our way downstairs to pay but no one came to us so we had to go and find someone back upstairs. Eventually we were given our bill which was wrong as they'd overcharged us but by this point we were so disgusted with the service we just paid the bill - only to have our change thrown on the counter at us.

Neither myself or my mother have ever had such shocking service in our lives. The staff were extremely rude and the atmosphere was terrible. Such a shame as it used to be a wonderful little place. I understand it was late afternoon and preparations need to be made for evening but if this is so then the cafe should be temporarily closed whilst this is done. Unfortunately we will not be returning.

We made customers aware we were having a new art disply installed but were opem for coffee
sorry for your inconvienience.
Colleen

Reviewed 27 July 2012

As the title says I have been here a lot since the new management took over and the service and food is excellent.
They have started to extend into evenings with speciality nights and these are highly recommended, but book early as it fills up quickly and I am not surprised.
I cannot recommend Cafe clique highly enough to do it justice,

1  Thank leapyleeLeekStaffs
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Great setting, we enjoyed a delicious mixed cheese and ham salad with accompanying panins on a glass covered balcony loft, a lovey sunny afternoon. Couldnt have wished to be relaxing anywhere else. Great staff, superb service and the two glasses of spiritzer went down a treat followed by copious amounts of black coffee. Will deffinately return again. Price was very reasonable.

1  Thank paulp24711