“The greatest authentic Indian cuisine”
Review of Cloves Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Cloves Indian Cuisine
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cloves Indian Cuisine is a fine dining Indian Restaurant & Take Away based in Bottomhouse Village close to Leek & Ashbourne Town in Staffordshire. We have visitors/diners all across the UK as we are situated in Staffordshire's finest countryside locations near Buxton and the Peak District. We are also 10-15 minutes drive away from Alton Towers which attracts many other visitors that want to try out for an indian meal. Cloves Indian Cuisine offer the finest and rarest Indian dishes available in today's standards, yet authentic indian cuisine dishes to the local area of leek,close by villages and surroundings. We also offer unique special dishes, one-of-a-kind Tandoori Grills, the very best and exclusive drinks selections that can only be revealed when visiting the restaurant and for those who want to experience something new and interesting. Our service towards customers are second to none and we ensure that everyone has a unique and memorable experience from our staff members. They obtain great knowledge and experiences in the Indian Restaurant Trade. The provide a warm and friendly atmosphere that is fully appreciated and diners truly experience a very different, out-of-the-way countryside location, which makes it more of a special occasion! Diners visit us as guests, but stay with us as friends and family.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We eat here a lot. I have never felt like writing a revue about anything.
The service and staff are polite courteous and attentive.
We have had many take away meals as well as dining in. Each and every time the food is the best we have had. We travel 10 miles each way to get our hands on this food despite passing lots of curry houses on the way!
If you only try one thing from a recommendation this is it!!!!!!

1  Thank Gazert

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I can't quite think of an appropriate superlative to describe my experience at Cloves restaurant.

The setting was stunning, the service was incredible and the food... Well, I rarely pull out my phone to take a photo of my meal, but in this instance, it had to be done. Beautifully presented...

As soon as I get a free weekend, I'll be dining here again.

It feels like you're at home (but you live in breathtaking surroundings) and you're being waited on by exceptional members of staff.

Thank you, Cloves.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had been meaning to try cloves having driven past it many times camping in the area. My husband and I went Friday evening at approx 6.30 in the evening. After a lovely warm welcome we were shown to a nice table and given menus . We shared the mixed platter starter which was divine and both had a different curry along with rice and home made ( and they were) chips and keema nan. The quality of the food is excellent --we both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and can't wait to go again. Brilliant food in a lovely atmosphere with helpful friendly staff and spotlessly clean.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were a family party of 10 visiting The Cloves during our recent half term holiday at Bottomhouse. We were fortunate enough to be staying just across the road from this restaurant so one of our party went across to speak to the owner and to enquire about booking. From its appearance we had formed the view that it was a pub - however, when our family member went across "for a pint" he was informed that it was in fact an Indian restaurant. The chap who was in the bar area was however happy to serve drinks and they had a chat and he suggestsaid that we book a table and come back. So we did! .
We booked a table for the Sunday evening and when we arrived we were the only people in the restaurant, as some diners were just leaving. However, this wasn't a problem and we didn't expect it to be busy due to it being a Sunday and the restaurant's location (you definitely need to drive if you aren't in the immediate locality).
The welcome was warm and friendly (as before) and we were shown to our table before drinks orders were taken and the menus handed out. The menu was, in my opinion, superb. There was so much choice and as an avid curry-eater(!) there were dishes on there that I hadn't tried or heard of.
All of our party had varying tastes in terms of the flavours that they liked and we perused the menu for some time. The waiters were friendly, not pushy at all and took our orders once we were ready.
Poppadums and pickles were ordered, starters arrived and we tucked in. Those of us eating starters agreed that they were delicious. The curries that followed for our main courses were equally delicious. Both myself and my husband agreed that it was probably the best Indian meal we had ever had.
Everything looked and tasted fresh. The presentation and the smell from the dishes was just lovely. The meat in the curries was tender and tasty.
This restaurant had Indian and English lagers available on draught -those of us that were drinking alcohol opted for the Cobra. It was a lovely cold pint!
We had children in our party who all ate their meals with enthusiasm too.
As a party we all agreed that the food and the service at this restaurant was fantastic. I'd love to go back and I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Thank you for a lovely evening. We booked at the last minute for 16 people as we were let down by Qarma in leek as we booked there weeks ago. Clove staff were all very attentive making my 60 th birthday party excellent. Thank you

3  Thank Clivebutler1