“Excellent”

The Pabna
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Leek
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: West Midlands Best Restaurant 2013,2014 and 2015- English Curry Awards
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had a stunning meal, The service was excellent and there prices are not over the top.
we will be back soon.

• Visited November 2013

“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Having read that the Pabna had recently received an award for the best West Midland curry we booked a table for 5. Things started well with a nice lime pickle and mixed starter. Unfortunately what came next was nothing short of dire. The parata which are meant to be light and flaky we're the texture of leather whilst all 5 curries lacked any spicing. The whole meal was generally bland. Was such a shame as we had been looking forward to trying somewhere new.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank AmyLWedgwood
Stoke-on-Trent
“Service and friendliness declining”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have used this restaurant in the past and have found the food and service good. However on my recent visit, sadly the service and friendliness seem to have declined.
I discovered that they offer a free Pabna privilege card, that entitles you to a discount. I only found this out from my brother, who says it was advertised on a sign in the gents toilets, even though I myself did not notice it in there! One has to wonder why such a "benefit" is so covert. Furthermore, they informed me that, on application on the same night, one could not effect the discount. Having asked the waiter what the timescale was of application for the card and it's validation, the waiter did not seem to understand what I was asking him. Despite several attempts to explain my query, all he offered was the days that the card is available to use. However, I decided to fill in the application, upon which I discovered that when an application is submitted, the card becomes valid on the next visit. Having filled in the application, I inquired a different waiter as to how and when the card would be issued and once again the waiter did not seem to understand what I was asking him.
The food itself was acceptable, but found that the very extensive menu can be confusing in making your choice. When the food arrived, had difficulty understanding the waiter when asking which dish was which and incidentally he gave us the wrong details, mistaking the duck tandoori with a lamb dish. On each of these occasions of confusion, the waiters, knowing that the issues were not resolved, walked away. On the whole, a disappointing experience given the past experiences here.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Alex R
Leek, United Kingdom
“The best Curry I have ever had”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I walked in after been out all day walking, I was not disappointed the service was excellent and the food was out of this world. The staff really know how to look after there customers.

• Visited October 2012
Leek, United Kingdom
“Excellent range of Bangla cooking”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Always a good selection on the extensive menu and excellent service. Can't make a decent liquior coffee though (they used to). But really worth a visit that will encourage a return.

• Visited August 2013