“Love this place 😊”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Visited the White Lion again last week with a group of friends, and we had a great night. We all noted how delicious the food was, I had a very tasty patè for starters, then the best Lasagne that I think I have ever tasted. My friend enjoyed a very flavoursome portion of Garlic Mushrooms. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Well done. Also checked out the Christmas Menu may have to try this next week.

Reviewed 22 December 2015

Christmas meal with friends. Beautiful food .Very friendly staff .value for money. Could not fault it. Many thanks. xx

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

A very disappointing meal. Family of 9 ate and no one wowed by the quality of the food. My chicken liver pate had no flavour and the accompanying tomato chutney was almost inedible. My mother-in-Law's lasagne was extremely poor - she described it as a cottage pie mix with a bit of pasta. My brother-in-Law's garlic mushrooms was even worse with it being a few mushrooms swimming in a cream.

Looking at the previous reviews, I would think that this must have been done by a different chef. Certainly our experience is one which we will not want to repeat.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

We had Sunday lunch there last week. It was excellent value at £8.95 and the staff were very friendly and attentive. There was a very good menu and specials board for those wanting something different.We would definitely return. A good atmosphere and everything was clean and tidy

Reviewed 18 November 2015

We ate here on Saturday night for the first time.The menu has a great choice to choose from all varying in prices.There is quite a good vegetarian menu , although me being a funny eater who doesnt like spicy or curry.. but this was no problem as I asked for a dish to be made without the spices.The chef came personally to speak to me to ask how I would like the food cooking... he couldnt have been more helpful.He also said that if I ever fancied any other dish not on the menu if he had the food in he would cook it.. great service.The food was very hot and tasty and couldnt be faulted.
All the staff were very bright and cheery.. a great place to eat.