“Excellent food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

Called in on the spur of the moment just before Christmas and opted for lamb steaks. Very nice, tender and tasty.

Friendly, welcoming staff and nothing was too much trouble.

A good place to eat.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

Went for lunch pensioner special two courses for £6.95. We both had parsnip soup with fresh bloomer bread and butter, delicious. Main course I had the gammon which was a larger portion than I expected with egg and pineapple, chips and veg. I expected the gammon size to be proportionate with the price not so. The wife had chicken curry with half rice and half chips. The portion was too much for her and she had half of the meal boxed to bring home

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Visited the White Lion again last week with a group of friends, and we had a great night. We all noted how delicious the food was, I had a very tasty patè for starters, then the best Lasagne that I think I have ever tasted. My friend enjoyed a very flavoursome portion of Garlic Mushrooms. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Well done. Also checked out the Christmas Menu may have to try this next week.

Reviewed 22 December 2015

Christmas meal with friends. Beautiful food .Very friendly staff .value for money. Could not fault it. Many thanks. xx

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

A very disappointing meal. Family of 9 ate and no one wowed by the quality of the food. My chicken liver pate had no flavour and the accompanying tomato chutney was almost inedible. My mother-in-Law's lasagne was extremely poor - she described it as a cottage pie mix with a bit of pasta. My brother-in-Law's garlic mushrooms was even worse with it being a few mushrooms swimming in a cream.

Looking at the previous reviews, I would think that this must have been done by a different chef. Certainly our experience is one which we will not want to repeat.