“Pies of quality” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Pies of quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very friendly, long established pie shop which seems to have improved the internal decor since my last visit. The red & white tablecloths look great! This cafe is a favourite for locals but I am sure the new appearance will encourage visitors to stop and sample the pies & snacks on offer. Nice selection of cakes as well.

Visited July 2014

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions and they have yet to let me down. The staff are friendly and always greet you with a warm smile. The food is also brilliant (I recommend the cheese and onion pies!). All this for fantastic value for money.
I have also ordered cupcakes from Winkles Cupcakes (part of the Lawton Company). The cupcakes not only looked fantastic but tasted just as good!

I would recommend Lawtons Pies to anyone visiting Leek!

• Visited June 2014
steve p, Owner at Lawtons pies, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thanks for taking time to leave a comment.i will pass it on to the girls who will be chuffed to bits they are keeping folks happy.
Hope to see you again soon
cornwall
“Home delivery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I ordered a box of 18 pie's to be delivered to Cornwall, they delivered on time, and well packaged so they were as fresh as they were baked also included was a preheating and freezing instructions.they were enjoyed muchly by my Partner and his son who were missing a taste of home.

• Visited May 2014
steve p, Owner at Lawtons pies, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
We are glad your pies reached you in excellent condition and that we solved your pie craving problems.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Cosy, friendly and great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My parents and I often visit Leek and I had heard good things about Lawtons and their pies so we decided to have lunch there. The place is small but we got a table even though it was very busy. The menu is excellent, service is fast and I can't fault the food. Meat and potato pie, chips peas and gravy went down an absolute treat. All the time we were eating people were coming in for pies to take out and I don't blame them at all. The staff were wonderful, friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. I bought some pies to take home and they were kept behind the counter until we left, and they were just as good later that day.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Karen K
Ipstones, United Kingdom
“Absolutely the best pies around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Lovely pies with thin pastry and lots of tasty filling, the meat and potato are the best I've ever had.

• Visited August 2013