“We will return”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We went to Little Poland today (Sunday 03/11/2013) for the first time.
We parked in Russell Street as restrictions are from 08:00 to 18:00 and the restaurant opens at 18:00.
The restaurant was warm and so was the reception.
The waiter asked for our drinks (beers) and brought them quickly.
While we were waiting the owner chatted with us and when he found out we had not been before brought us some bread thinly spread with pork paste topped with crisp thin-sliced gherkins. A good foretaste of what was to come.
Potato pancakes with mushroom sauce and salad, Hunter stew and a side of onion rings came piping hot on hot plates and were delicious. The owner also brought us 4 pasta parcels to try while we were eating the main course. We managed to eat apple pancakes and ice cream and finished well and truly stuffed. All this for just £31.95 – remarkably good value.
We’ve a good idea of what we will choose the next time.

1  Thank whensthenextonethen

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have eaten here several times now, and will definitely be returning.

The food is fresh, portion sizes large, service great and the price is excellent value. The decor - swirly carpets, and artexed walls leave much to be desired, but isn't enough to put me off returning.

My memory of the food I ate in Poland was not that great, but I have enjoyed each of the meals here (Although I have gone for the same thing each time - Pierogi to start, then stuffed cabbage leaves. For desert, I shared pancakes with apple and raisins and ice cream).

My partner has tried different things off the menu - goulash; beef tatar;rolled rump of beef; and potato dumplings - all of which they have enjoyed, along with the different lagers.

During our first visit, we were treated to extra courses to try, which was a nice touch.

We have recently moved to the area, and have been disappointed by the Indian, Chinese and Thai restaurants that we have tried. It looks like Little Poland will be our new weekend treat.

1  Thank Helen D
Reviewed 30 October 2013

very good food and service! Portions are large and tasty. Athmosphere is good. All of the meals were tasty!

1  Thank tamas k
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Having never eaten in a Polish restaurant before my friends and I were nervous. In the end we didn't need to have worried. The choice is limited to staple Polish food but the portions are large and well cooked. We tried every Polish lager on the menu and all were good. Look forward to my next visit.

1  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Marvellous evening,all eight of us agreed that this was an outstanding night out and covered every aspect of a decent venue . Five star all round, nothing more to be said

1  Thank Wilf L