“Sunday Lunch Birthday Meal”
Review of Ash Tree

Ash Tree
Ranked #52 of 64 Restaurants in Rugeley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Ash Tree is a Marston's two for one restaurant. We have a wide variety of meals on our special boards that change on a regular basis.
STAFFORDSHIIRE
“Sunday Lunch Birthday Meal”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Arrived at the Ash tree for Sunday lunch as a birthday surprise was shown to our table but waited 40 minutes for Sunday roast was well worth the wait but it felt like forever could be quicker
with extra staff as it was busy but very nice after the long wait,

“THE MANAGER”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

myself and my family have been here for special occasions many times with our party consisting of as many as 40 people .Once again we all thought the food was excellent quality and value for money .The problems is the bar , when first arriving we must have waited at the bar 20 minutes to get served as there was only one young lady serving who was doing her best . The manager then decided to start helping her out .As he approached myself and my brother as we where the only one left standing at the bar , a gentleman starting walking towards the bar the manager completely blanked us and said to the gentleman yes Paul what can I get you . My brother said to me loudly perhaps we will try somewhere else next time. I said to him just leave it and not to make a fuss as it was my nieces 21st .We sat down ordered our food which came in good time and was excellent .I then decided to go and get another round of drinks from the bar and guess what exactly the same happened again . I was waiting and up walks Paul, only difference was the manager said this time what can I get you councillor with a silly little smile .I was fuming . I left the glasses on the bar sat down and said, lets get the bill and go somewhere else for a drink on the way home .O well Paul had 2 pints and 2 glasses of wine and then we saw him leave .14 people one round of drinks instead of 3 or 4 .your loss .its such as shame because as a family we normally love it .

1 Thank Sh52stu
rugeley
“Rubbish”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Waited 20 mins at the bar for a drink(coke) we ordered our food,4 of us birthday meal.1.5 hours later still waiting so we left will.we will not recommend to friends and will not use again.rubbish.

2 Thank bobtheweld
rugeley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO HERE!! PLEASE READ!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I visited here tonight. Prebooked a table of four for 8pm for my 23rd birthday. I am heavily pregnant so thought the ash tree was perfect. Many happy experiences here before. Tonight however, we were seated at 8. Waited 30 minutes for drinks. Over an hour and a half after ordering we were told 15 more minutes then 25 later we were told there was still a wait.
Service was awful. Slow. And we ended up leaving after 2 hours of bad service and no food.
Awful place. Dont go. I left heavily pregnant and starving. Embarrassed to have recommended this place to friends.

1 Thank happycamper9182
Staffordshire
“I've finished here”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The meal was really bad chicken was like leather ,took over an hour for the meal to come from a miserable waitress... Avoid the ash tree don't bother ... ME AND MY FAMILY will not be visiting neither will our friends Don't waste your time or money......:(