“Delightful”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Good quality food at reasonable prices. Lunchtime menu is a reall good deal. Pleasant and efficient staff. I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Eat in here whilst staying nearby, food was very good with a large selection on the menu.
Atmosphere was also very good, with lots of locals eating which is always a good sign.
Prices were very reasonable, and the service was excellent, keep up the good work.
Would recommend, and I will be returning again

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went for a saturday lunch for 4 of us plus baby , hosts very welcoming , nothing too much trouble. Ordered off the daily offer menu , excellent food was served throughout andwe all had three courses and agreed the quality was high , all freshly cooked homemade food- No frozen chips or vegetables here and served on warm plates - a rarity these days ! and the lightest sticky toffee pudding I have ever had and likewise the Chocolate fudge cake. A very enjoyable meal in loveley surroundings with excellent service, one of the best to be found in the local area.Will definately be returning

1  Thank alipaulwalsall
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Ate here for my birthday just gone. I was very impressed with Ye Olde Dun Cow. The decor was modern and the food was brilliant. I had the special starter of Scallops and my partner the Prawns. I then had the rack of Lamb (cooked to perfection) and my partner the strips of beef (I sampled this and it was delicious). We managed to have a pudding each so I had the creme brûlée whilst my partner chose the sticky toffee pudding. All the food was a class above anywhere in the area that I have experienced. The 2 servers were friendly and ensured we were fully hydrated at regular intervals. The atmosphere was not the best but it was quiet on the evening we went. Price in comparison to food was reasonable although the offers on show e.g early bird menu looked like a fantastic offer. I'd recommend this place and will be returning.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely 3 course meal for £12.95 on bank holiday Monday. Its well worth it. The staff were very friendly indeed. A credit to the place. The food was amazing..mushrooms in a garlic sauce with bread to start then pork belly with mashed potatoes and veg which was excellent. Then rhubarb eton mess for dessert. It was the nicest eton mess I have ever had. The service was superb.. its in a lovely village too. We then had drinks outside and the tables and chairs were very comfy. Not your average picnic benches but real comfy chairs!!! Do try it ,you wont be disappointed. We are definitely going again. Well done chef!!