“THE Best Italian -ignore other bigoted reviews”

Terrazza Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Rugeley
Price range: US$17 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a family run traditional Italian Restaurant situated in Rugeley. We provide an extensive A La Carte menu, catering for vegetarian, Celiac and Lactose-Intolerant diets (For more info please contact us via telephone). Our menu offers fresh fish, prime steak, chicken, pizza and pasta. 2 & 3 course set menus are also available mid-week (Tues-Thurs)
cannock
“THE Best Italian -ignore other bigoted reviews”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We came to terazza on valentine night and had the best meal ever. The food and service was spot on. Nikki is the most charismatic host and her husband is a brilliant chef. We enjoyed it that much we have booked it for our wedding reception in November. Nikki has been superb at meeting with us to discuss our requirements. She has let us sample wines, decide on our menu with the chef and she has suggested little extras to make our evening truly authentic. I feel absolutely disgusted that this restaurant has received such bad reviews recently. I can certainly vouch that the award winning prosecco does not come in a screw cap bottle (I suggest that lady wth expert knowledge goes back to working on her tesco drinks isle) as we have ordered it for our toast. The decor is authentic and certainly not purple but an earthy Mexican terrace red. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I have felt compelled to write this review as terazza certainly deserves our support.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank handsp1
Nicki-D-B, Owner at Terrazza Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thanks for a lovely review Hannah!!! Its always a pleasure to serve customers that appreciate our hard work and we are looking forward to seeing you for your wedding reception on saturday.

“Absolutely Amazing”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My boyfriend and i went for a romantic meal (Saturday 14th September) We were greeted as soon as we came to the bar by Rob, very friendly and welcoming. He recommended an excellent pinot grigio. We were taken to our table by Sadie the head waitress she was lovely, she told us about the specials in Italian which was such a nice touch. On her recommendation my boyfriend had the king prawns special, I had the asparagus wrapped in Parma ham were both delicious. For mains we had Filletto Rossini fillet steak stacked on toasted bread mushroom and pate with a red wine sauce, Filletto Piccante fillet steak served on asparagus with cherry tomatoes, red onion, chilli peppers and capers (it looked, and tasted gorgeous) with sides of salad, and chips. For dessert we were spoilt for choice my boyfriend had the homemade cheese cake with black cherries, I couldn't choose between the homemade Toblerone chocolate torte and the cheese cake! I asked if I could try a slice of both, and i could. I had my cheese cake topped with strawberries, both desserts were a slice of heaven!!! We really enjoyed ourselves, the atmosphere was relaxed, intimate, romantic. All staff couldn't do enough for you, very helpful, really friendly and hats off to the chef AUTHENTIC ITALIAN FOOD.We are definitely going back for my birthday next month!

2 Thank Laurashoes
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband took me here as a surprise. We live In Lichfield and are quite spoilt for most restaurants, but not Italian. I had never heard of this place before, but was pleasantly surprised. The décor could perhaps do with a freshen up. Other than that good food and good service. The only criticism, but this goes for all waiters is the repeating of your food choice back in Italian. Never have been a fan of that never will be. The fish from the specials was yum, I had mussels and my husband had sardines. Very reasonable price at £57 for two starters and two mains with a couple of alcoholic drinks and a few soft drinks. Would recommend.

Abbots Bromley, United Kingdom
“Bad birthday meal”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Went for my birthday on 12th September. Waited 50 mins for our starters, all of which were average/awful. I had a mushroom starter off the a la carte menu. The one 3" mushroom was still raw.
I had my favourite main course, having had it a few times before, veal in breadcrumbs. It was slimy and oil soaked instead of crispy breadcrumbed coating. With it was what I could only describe as tasting like Heinz spaghetti from a tin. Horrible soggy spaghetti with a rubbish sauce!!
My prosecco (on which I am an expert), had a screw cap and was pretty poor quality. The meal was so awful that I ordered 2 bottles!!!! My hubby had meatballs for his main course, served in a small dish and there was 3 meatballs!!! Served with the same dreadful spaghetti. Normally I would complain, but it was my birthday and I just didnt have the heart. Obviously we did not order a desert. The staff were lovely but the food was appalling.
Needless to say we will never be going back.

5 Thank Stintinosue
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best restaurant in Rugeley !!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

my girl friend introduced me to the terrazza a few year ago and the food was fantastic, by far the best restaurant in Rugeley can't wait to go back again. !!!!!

1 Thank farrier7