“Don't bother if you're just wanting a drink”
Review of The Bagot Arms

The Bagot Arms
Ranked #41 of 69 Restaurants in Rugeley
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 23 February 2014

As a local member of CAMRA ( campaign for real ale), I visited this pub today with the sole intention of having a pint of ale so that I could consider voting for this pub to be entered into the Good Beer Guide. I ordered a pint of Banks' Bitter and asked the member of staff if I could sit in the bar where I was being served and was shown a table where I could just sit and drink as it wasn't set up for diners.

After only 5 mins, I was asked by a person, who I assumed to be the landlord, to move as the bar where I was sitting was only for diners and my table was needed. I then had to stand in a crowded public bar area.

Needless to say, I quickly downed my pint and will not be going to this pub again. It will not be getting my vote for the good beer guide either.

4  Thank Davefel67

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We've visited this pub on a number of occassions now and have never been let down. We've had great value tasty home cooked 2 for £10 meals and gorgeous sunday roast in the dining room. The welcome is always warm, beer and wine good too. Down to earth, friendly and tasty. And the big chunky chips!
A lovely location on Abbots Bromley high street. If I lived closer I'd be in every day!! Thank you Bagot Arms.

6  Thank TastefulLady_12