“Tired facilities and terrible mattress”
Review of Days Inn Stafford

Days Inn Stafford
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Stone
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for one night to break up a journey and I have to say I was not very impressed. The whole place has a musty smell and the room we stayed in smelled musty and smokey. The mattress on the bed was worn out and extremely uncomfortable and the window closure was broken requiring some rolled up paper to make it close properly. The bathroom fixtures are all looking a bit old and tatty and not as clean as I would have liked to see.

The staff were, however, all very friendly.

Looks like the rooms and the hotel in general is suffering from under investment, just cleaning the carpets would probably sort out the smell. The mattress in our room needs sending to the tip! Otherwise invest a couple of quid in some air freshener.

Also somewhat disappointed to be charged £10 per dog. I cannot believe it takes £10 worth of labour to clean a room after a dog has stayed.

Don't think we would stay here again even for a one night. I would rather travel a little further into a town off the motorway and have a comfortable nights sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Stafford

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We would just like to warn people of the poor service and non existent after service you can expect. from this hotel and the Days company in general. During our stay here in December 2013 there was a power cut. We awoke to no electricity ,therefore, no heating, no shower as the bathroom was pitch black, no hot drinks etc, etc. . This was bad enough but the management did not even have the decency to let us know what was going on and when my husband went to find assistance the reception had been closed and there was not a single member of staff to be found. We did eventually find someone to complain to but to date we have not been able to get anyone to accept liability for the fact that we paid for services which we did not receive. Also it spoiled our weekend. We have been passed around the system and each person just passes the buck. Disgusting !! Do not stay here and have reservations about using Days at all. Their after service is appalling if you have a problem.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsK53
DaysInnTeamStafford, Manager at Days Inn Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your stay, unfortunately the hotel had no control over the power cut that happened that day as the weather was appalling in the area. We do strive to give all our guests the best customer service possible. However, on this occasion the management would have been trying to solve the situation across the site. We do hope you will reconsider and stay with us again. Again, sorry for any inconvenience caused during your weekend.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed overnight in room 5 on Sunday 22nd December. Room clean, warm and all amenities available, good shower BUT the mattress on the bed was horrendous - every spring could be felt and I found it impossible to sleep on and was bruised the following morning. I probably had about 2-3 hours broken sleep!!! Had there been 2 of us we could have turned the mattress over to see if it was any better, so would advise a couple staying in that room to try this.

Room Tip: Avoid room 5!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
DaysInnTeamStafford, Manager at Days Inn Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. The issues that you have raised have been looked into. We would like to apologise to you and hope this does not put you off from using us again, as we would love seeing you back at Days Inn Stafford.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hotel is fine. Used to be a Premier Inn so rooms a decent size and fairly well furnished. Getting a bit tatty now though. Bedside light didnt work and no shower gel which was irritating. Night reception guy was very pleasant. Daytime one was a bit offhand. Had to ask me what rate I was paying! Now a not so good bit. If you are travelling southbound then fine but northbound the only access is from the motorway which means 8 miles to the next junction and 8 miles back.
Now the really bad bit. Car park has no cameras r security and even worse - no lights. This means you are leaving your car in total darkness overnight and walking to the car in the pitch black.Certainly if I was a lone female I would not want to stay here.

Room Tip: Some face away from the motorway and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DaysInnTeamStafford, Manager at Days Inn Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
We take all feed back seriously as this will help to improve our service. The points that you have mentioned have been looked into. We now confirm that our lights are now working on the main car park.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The only good thing I have to say about this hotel is that the rooms are large and the showers were hot but that is where the good points end. Starting from the beginning, the staff on reception were rude and unhelpful both on arrival and when I was leaving. I tried to make a complaint and I asked if there was anywhere I could make a complaint and the guy said "Nah" whilst chewing gum and lounging in the chair. Secondly, the bed was just awful. Had I stayed on a camp bed they use in the boy scouts I would had a better nights sleep. The matteress is old with all the springs poking through, the bedding is the wrong size and the duvets do not fit inside the sheets properly. In our room (room 8) we had to take the cusions from the sofa and lay them on the bed in order for us to get even vaguely comfortable and with hindsight i should have just slept on the floor. The bathroom was disgusting and the ceiling and walls were black with mould and the bath was so old it sagged dangerously in the middle and the shower was covered in limescale. In the morning I made myself a cup of tea and when I came back in the evening my dirty cup was still on the side and no one had bothered to change it for a clean one. The bed was also not made or changed in anyway and the bin wasn't emptied. The room was freezing and the heater was not up to the job. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A_HaynesYoung
DaysInnTeamStafford, Manager at Days Inn Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your disappointing visit to Days Inn Stafford South. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Please be assured I will investigate the issues you raised and take appropriate action to resolve the problems highlighted.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your visit and hope to see you during your next stay.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here overnight as part of our weekend at Alton Towers... Due to the price being so good we were a bit skeptical about the hotel.

However, we turned up at the hotel after 11pm and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Helped us cancel off a room last min with no hassles or fuss.

Our rooms were huge lol 2 double bes in each and loads of room to move around freely. The rooms had everything you need... flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilities (proper Nescafe Coffee & Tetley Teabags which is rare in hotels). The beds were very comfy and a great sleep was had by all.

For the price we paid, I was surprised that free WIFI and free parking was also included which was really appreciated.

Would defo recommend this hotel to anyone travel near the area or looking for somewhere to stay during a trip to Alton Towers. Will defo be back in the future trips.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amanda Q
DaysInnTeamStafford, Manager at Days Inn Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

The team at Days Inn Stafford would like to thank you for leaving a comment. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed the experience with us. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards
Staff at Days Inn Stafford

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was a convenient stop off on a long journey. Efficient reception. The family room was spacious with twin beds for the children in a separate area through an archway. The double glazing wasn't very effective so the noise from the motorway was clearly audible.

The bed linen was clean but the beds were so roughly made I had to re-make them so we could get a comfortable night's sleep. The single beds had double duvet covers on single duvets so the extra material hung down over the floor.

The décor was a bit shabby and the room could have been cleaner. Leaflets re wifi etc were dog eared and tacky. The bathroom floor had been cleaned in the middle but there was a 2" ring of dust and hair around the edge. The bath/shower looked worn and grubby.

The room was extremely cheap for the four of us so, although I wasn't completely happy with it, I still think it was value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DaysInnTeamStafford, Manager at Days Inn Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We are trying to resolve the issues that you have raised, and we hope to see you in the not so distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone
Stone House Hotel
Stone House Hotel
#2 of 5 in Stone
Travelodge Stafford M6
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Travelodge Stafford Central Hotel

Been to Days Inn Stafford? Share your experiences!