“Boat House Party Hire”

Price range: £12 - £24
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I organised a surprise birthday party for my wife to be held at The Boat House at Aston Marina.
It was an excellent overall experience;
It is a very impressive venue which is modern, classy and clean.
A big thanks to Aishah (event organiser) who supported me every step of the way.
There was approx 170 people at the party who all gave great feedback.
I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a high quality, special venue.

Management response:Responded 14 February 2017

Thank You for an amazing review. We are really glad you enjoyed yourselves & look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

We called into Aston Marina for their great mix of good food in a relaxed atmosphere. We enjoyed a Gluten Free Caesars Salad, Staffordshire Oatcakes with bacon and cheese and cool house white wine. Delicious. Staff were friendly and attentive and we look forward to returning in the warmer weather when we can sit outside and watch the canal boats go by. Thanks very much.

Management response:Responded 5 February 2017

Thanks for your lovely review, we are glad to be able to adapt our menu to accommodate various dietary requirements & very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Attended the function room at rear for birthday celebrations,the room was nicely presented and was spacious plenty of room for entertainment and dancing,the buffet food was good and the staff excellent,I thought the bar prices were a little steep hence only 4 stars.

Management response:Responded 18 January 2017

Hello Mick, Thank you for your super review, we are really glad you enjoyed yourselves, our food & service. On the pricing front we are aware that we are possibly not the cheapest venue around, but do strive to remain value for money & bench mark our prices in line with other local venues.
Best Wishes
The Aston Marina team

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous, quality food and great service. My steak was cooked to perfection and the red wine sauce was amazing! My partner said his belly pork was the best he's ever had and the chocolate brownie was beautiful. Looking forward to returning, thank you x

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Just been here today. The food was really nice but a bit overpriced. Whenever I eat somewhere, I always judge the restaurant not just on the food, but on the cleanliness of the toilet facilities. I have to say, the toilet was one of the dirtiest I have ever had the displeasure to use. I am not talking a bit of dirt, I am talking of weeks and weeks worth of filth around the basin, tap and hand dryer. There was a smell too. Frankly, they should be ashamed of themselves. What kind of hygiene does this imply for their very expensive shop and cafe? I am not impressed and unlikely to return.

2  Thank Pauline L
Management response:Responded 18 January 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the food when you visited. We are very disappointed to read that the toilets were not as they should be. The toilets are professionally cleaned everyday by our contract cleaners. We immediately raised our mutual concerns with them, they arrived promptly after reading the complaint and conducted a thorough deep clean of the facilities. Moving forward we have some works scheduled for the refurbishment of the toilets that is due to commence in the near future. We very much hope you will visit again and give them your seal of approval when they are complete. Kind regards.