“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian restaurant since 1981
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I lived out in Italy and I am very aware of good Italian food. I took my dad out for fathers day and this is where we went. Also my father has high expectations for Italian food so we thought we would visit here. The food was one of the best Italian dishes ive ever had in England as the meal was done properly, I had pasta Carbonara and the dish was perfect (english this this dish is meant to be dripping in sauce when in actual fact, its a rather dry dish). The prices were very reasonable as we had 2 starters, bread and oil and also our mains, this came to £37.25. A very respectable place in stone. Worth going here for a classy meal out.

Marcela O, Manager at La Bella Napoli, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts about our establishment and we look forward to see you again soon .

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It's Ok what more can I say the couple we were with really liked it but I thought it as over priced and mediocre,each to their own

1  Thank Julie08_12
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited La Bella Napoli today for the first time having dinned at the Hanley restaurant for many years. The location is perfect and our party of 7 and a 2 year old were made extremely welcome. The food was as good if not better than the Hanley restaurant. On the whole a excellent Italian restaurant offering a warm and friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Gavin G
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Quite simply divine....... An early Wednesday evening, sat outside by the canal, in glorious May sunshine, a lovely lady greeted us and handed out our menu's, then asked what we'd like to drink. With 5 of us at the table ageing between mid teens to late fifties, we perused said menu, made our choices, and in no time at all, our starters had arrived. .We experienced proper Italian cuisine with all the know how of a proper native Italian chef. Exquisite. Mains...stunning pizza's for the teens, a heavenly partner pizza of tuna one half and pepperoni the other for one adult and 2 linguine puttanesca, (Linguini pasta in a sauce of olives, capers, anchovies & chilli) for the remaining adults. A bottle of the house red, an excellent Montepulciano d'abruzzo....we were transported to Italy. The next few hours just flew by. Would highly recommend a visit. So much so, that the next family birthday meal was booked then and there for mid June....cant wait.

1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

First went to this restaurant in February for my daughters Hen Party and we had a great time, the food was lovely and the staff very attentive. I took my husband there a couple of weeks later and he too thought it was very good. We have subsequently been on several occasions and it was the place my husband chose for his 60th birthday. The table was adorned with 60 and Happy Birthday confetti, paper decorations and a helium balloon which I have only requested on the day of his birthday - as I had forgotten to aske for when booking the table - none of which we were charged for! We had a brilliant night with our closest friends adn once again the service was excellent. My husband enjoyed the night that much that we went back the following Saturday and we were welcomed back very warmly by all the staff who spent time talking to use during the meal. I can highly recomend the ravioli it is my favourite and my husband, who's a plain eater usually has a steak and says it it one of the nicest he has when dining out - cooked to perfection.
The restauant is over 2 floors, the stairs are fairly narrow and steepish, so if you a problem with stairs ask for a table on the ground floor, and parts of it overlook the canal and there are tables on the canal side which would be nice on a warm summer evening.
We highly recommend the restaurant, they also have a sister restaurant in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, which we have also eaten in and enjoyed.
Marcela, your family and staff have a lovely restaurant which has quickloy become a favourite place for us to come and eat. Lynn and Murray Cantlay

1  Thank Dizzy81