“Very good”

Moddershall Oaks Country Spa Retreat
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Stone
More attraction details
Owner description: Over the years, Moddershall Oaks has been transformed from a beautiful country property into a magnificent setting for an adult-friendly country spa retreat and wedding venue. As a family run business we pride ourselves upon our service standards and welcoming atmosphere. Our ten luxury hotel suites are perfect for weekend spa breaks, a dash from the city or an escape from home. Our spa day packages offer relaxation and pampering to suit a range of budgets, alongside a full range of complementary therapies and beauty spa treatments. Our restaurant offers a stunning view of the property and outstanding food, for locals and residents alike. Moddershall Oaks is the ideal place to relax, unwind and indulge in complete comfort, where nothing is too much trouble. Moddershall Oaks are currently celebrating the launch of their fantastic new Spa facilities which opened in June 2014. The new facilities include a lovely reception and deli area for casual dining, snacks and cocktails. They have a beautiful new relaxation lounge with comfy seating areas, a cosy open fire place and floor to ceiling windows, overlooking the new outdoor space. The outdoor area includes a bespoke outdoor vitality pool, equipped with water jets and a hydro back bench and an outdoor Kelo pinewood Sauna.
Stafford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Nice place, we like the set up, staff is very friendly and food is good but the menu needs few more choices! Overall a good place.

Visited March 2014
Modd-Manager, Manager at Moddershall Oaks Country Spa Retreat, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you ever so much for taking your time to leave your kind review. It is fantastic to hear you like the setup of our facilities and found our staff friendly also. We have very recently updated our menu, this is something that we do regularly to ensure we change the choices for our guests. We would love to see you in the future and to hear your feedback on our updated menu.
Kind Regards Jessica

Jessica Sweeney
Assistant Spa Manager

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“Nearly there spa experience”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Came on a package with a friend for some much needed time-out. We had decided to choose Moddershall based on its location and facilities. On arrival, we were greeted very kindly by a lovely receptionist who proceeded to show us around and finished by leaving us in the restaurant with well wishes for our visit. She told us that someone would be with us with a welcome drink and menus for us to pre-order our lunch. Over 20 minutes later, noone had come to us with a drink or a menu and we were left wondering what was happening. We got the attention of a waitress who seemed unaware what we were there for and she quickly gave us a menu and provided drinks. Once we had pre-ordered our lunch we went to the spa area. The changing rooms and facilities here are great, very clean and user friendly. We really enjoyed our time in the spa area, the hydrotherapy pool was lovely, the heated tiled loungers were bliss with a magazine or for a snooze! Our treatments were fab, my therapist Michelle was exceptionally friendly and professional. We explored the grounds which were lovely and well maintained, but didn't make use of the gym. The only downside we experienced was in the restaurant, very average service and food (will leave separate restaurant review). When paying good money for a luxury treat, you expect everything to be of the same high standard. Although the stay was a nice experience overall, I have experienced better value for money elsewhere.

1 Thank Mim186378
Modd-Manager, Manager at Moddershall Oaks Country Spa Retreat, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for leaving a review about your recent spa break. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spa facilities and treatments. I will pass on your feedback to the staff here, especially Michelle. I am very saddened to hear that your only downside was your restaurant experience, especially considering we usually receive really positive feedback for both the food and service. Thank you for taking the time to leave a restaurant review too, in that case I am sure the restaurant manager will be in touch with you about this. Hopefully we will see you again in the future so you can experience our new development (open in June). It would be great to make amends for the restaurant experience and see what you think of the changes. If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me on Rebecca@moddershalloaks.com or 01782399000.

Ludlow, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beware booking a room for 3”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My sister, a friend and I stayed overnight for spa treatments for a special birthday. My sister booked a luxury suite for 3. We were very disappointed when we arrived to find this meant an extra z bed with all 3 beds pushed together to fit them in so the person in the middle had to crawl up from the bottom to get in, had no reading light and no bedside table.

We mentioned this immediately and at reception later. My sister also wrote to complain afterwards. On each occasion we were given an apology for not being told about the arrangements when we booked. Any inconvenience or discomfort was dismissed seemingly on the basis that it was only £50 per night extra for the third person so what did we expect!

Yes the food and treatments were very good but a luxury suite for 3? I don't think so.

3 Thank Shropshire53Lass
Thank you for your feedback. I’m really pleased that you enjoyed the food and your treatments, but I’m really sorry to hear you were disappointed with the room arrangements. As you mentioned, the third person is a reduced rate due to the type of bed, however this should not mean inconvenience or discomfort. I will discuss your feedback with the management team, particularly the reservations team so we can make the triple room arrangements clearer to customers at the time of booking. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review. If you do ever want to return, please contact our reservations manager directly, her name is Lucy and her email address is lucy@moddershalloaks.com.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Perfect Birthday Surpise!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I took my partner to Moddershall oaks on Sunday for his birthday as a surprise. We were very impressed with everything about the whole trip, the room was absolutly beautiful, we didn't want to leave it the next day! The hot tub was perfect, we didn't find it a problem that it was shared as we only saw 2 other people in it.

The restaurant was out of this world, Ivan the waiter was very helpful and proffessional. We had a starter and a main course and they were both absolutley fabulous, would not hesitate going back to eat here again very soon.

Overall, we really enjoyed the whole experience, and would love to come back soon.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for leaving a review about your partner’s birthday surprise. It is fantastic to hear that you were both impressed with everything about your stay especially the restaurant, and we are really glad we were able to make his birthday a special one. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto the rest of our team, especially Ivan, and look forward to seeing you both again in the future.
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Lovely but just misses that extra 5% that would make it exceptional”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

There is such a lot to like about Moddershall - the team could not be more obliging & friendly, the food is outstanding, the spa is well appointed, Chloe my therapist a professional with a lovely bedside manner. The bits that spoil it are minor but being constructive - over 5 hrs in spa never saw anyone tidying up (would expect a quick review every hour, not everyone picks up their towels, dirty glasses, empty toilet rolls); having to pre-order breakfast - really?; sharing a hot tub between 10 rooms which has net effect no-one uses it; disappointing lack of view from outdoor patio area; bedroom corridor is in full view of the car park. Good luck with the development work, it did not impact our stay, it was communicated very well prior to our arrival and will further enhance the facilities. Hope the rain stayed off for the wedding party later in the day!

Visited March 2014
Modd-Manager, Manager at Moddershall Oaks Country Spa Retreat, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you very much for leaving your review, it is great to hear that you found our staff obliging and friendly. I will certainly pass your comments onto our team here, particularly Chloe.

We are also very thankful for you passing on your constructive comments, this is key to us making improvements for the future. I am very surprised to hear that that you did not see a member of our staff while you were in the spa facilities, I will most certainly be looking into this immediately as our team should pass through the facilities on a regular basis.

Thank you for the good luck wishes with regards to our spa development. This is a very exciting time with us and I am thrilled to hear that it did not impact your stay. It would be great to see you again in the future, hopefully all of the improvements we are making right now, will help is to complete that last 5%.

Thanks again for your feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything else I can help you with. My contact number is 01782 399000 and my email address is rebecca@moddershalloaks.com.