“A Gormet in Staffordshire”
Review of Cullens Restaurant - CLOSED

Cullens Restaurant
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a delightful night with real Gourmet food served to the tables in style. The waiters were very friendly and we had a fascinating conversation with the owner. This restaurant has really set a high standard for Staffordshire and I congratulate them for their effort. I understand that they are winning the awards and long may it last. I would also like to add that as the owner of a local Holiday Lets I will certainly be recommending our guests to dine at Cullens Restaurant.

2  Thank Aaron C

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Four of us ate here knowing the reputation of the young chef however although the food was fresh and nicely presented we did not find anything that really stood out, There were a number of irritating supplements for certain items on the set menu eg cheese and biscuits ! The restaurant itself felt a little unfinished in its decor and we sat at the rear nearby the kitchen door where the room temperature seem to increase to an uncomfortable level as the evening progressed. The service if anything was over attentive and at times a little amateurish - we were asked numerous times for a wine order even though we had not finished the bottle of prosseco we had when we arrived (I think we were served by three people in the end). I do hope that the owners have regard to these comments as we need a good restaurant and excellent food even though for us on this occasion the experience was underwhelming.

2  Thank eyespie2450
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Overall, a really lovely evening dining experience. The meal I had was super - Cullen skink, the lamb trilogy and followed by the chocolate dessert. Heavenly! Very pleasant surroundings, well spaced out so you're not sitting in someone else's lap, and the service was unobtrusive but attentive. The explanations about the cheese alternative were sadly lacking, and the chocolate dessert could have done with a bit of a lift, perhaps with raspberry or similar, but otherwise very nearly a Michelin star candidate! I am, admittedly, very fussy, but would definitely go again!

2  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The food was amazing, just sublime. This is Michelin star food at excellent prices. The service was excellent too. My only gripe would be the tables are very close to each other so not a lot of privacy. Don't let that put you off though. We would certainly come here again

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a great meal,everything about the visit was superb.
I hope that it continues it's standards which are very high.
Consistency is the most important point in any restaurant
We will certainly go again,
David and Samantha Littlehales