All reviews table table the pub drayton manor stayed here restaurant next door an industrial estate family room thomas land the air conditioning a great nights sleep location was perfect twycross zoo weekend stay bed was very comfortable reception staff single bed brilliant stay
Reviewed 28 March 2013

stayed at this hotel due to being relocated with my work for 8 weeks, and I was very lucky my company choose this one it's a small building with only 20 rooms so always very quiet and couldn't hear a peep from the motorway which I was very surprised as it was on top of it. The overall room very basic as expected with prem inn's but were always spotless clean,comfy beds and very quiet tea coffee always stocked up and I had the wifi which in previous reviews people have stated it wasn't great, but I found no issues with it always very fast and efficient !! Staff very friendly and special mention to Grant on reception who couldn't do enough to help and was full banter which kept me Sane being stuck in 4 walls for that long... Only 2 downsides i found the water wasn't that hot when I ran a bath seemed to dip in and out of heat !! Shower always boiling tho strange and the pub over the roads food is just microwaved or instant food, lovey staff tho very friendly and good laugh!! Overall would 100 percent recommend this hotel............ To let you all in a secret Room 17 is double the size of all the others !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2013

After a two hour journey there is nothing better than a friendly greeting at reception and from someone who cares about whether you have eaten (sounds like my mother). I usually stay at Premier Inns for business but this was the first time at this particular Inn. Despite being close to the motorway and the A5 (the benefit of the location) I heard absolutely nothing from either road.

This is a particularly eco-friendly hotel. I didn't realise this meant that the lights went out after while of not detecting any movement in the room. I must move more when completing The Times mind games!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel to visit Thomasland for our 3 year olds birthday. The staff were very helpful, welcoming and friendly. Some more expensive hotels should take a leaf out their book. They made our boys (ages 3 and 4) feel very special and they even left a birthday card for our 3 year old on his bed for when we arrived back from Thomasland which was just the icing on the cake. Two very happy boys, happy parents and a lovely weekend. Thank you staff at Tamworth South.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We were expecting the usual PI format, but this hotel is new and designed to use minimum energy.

We learned the receptionist can control any room's lighting from the welcome desk, and they turned all the lights on for us before we entered the room. The cold bright white LEDs do take a bit of getting used to.

The room was very warm even though it was only just above freezing outside. It was so warm we slept with the window open.

Being new, everything was in very good order - in fact the bed seemed like hardly anyone had ever slept in it.

The hotel is located on an industrial estate and the Table Table pub next door very popular. However the cask beer was well below par, and judging from the uninspiring menu and by what we saw on other people's plates, we went somewhere else to eat.

The hotel is fine - highly recommended in fact - but the complex is let down by the pub which needs to raise its game - unless you like bulk gassy over-priced lager and mediocre food.

Room Tip: There's a big car park, so no hassles there.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Arrived late to a cheerful and friendly lady on reception. Room very fresh and clean , bathroom spotless, may just have had a paint job, not sure. Room was quiet and location ideal for NEC without having to pay a fortune to stay at the NEC itself. Breakfast was a continental style buffet with hot breakfast and porridge done to order. Did not eat in the evening but the restaurant was also smart and clean with friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business