“SUPERB FOOD”
Review of The Globe Inn

The Globe Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Tamworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We had my Dad's wake at The Globe Inn....................the quality of the "buffet" was outstanding, everyone that attended said how kind and attentive the staff were.
All we can say was thankyou so much ,and keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 July 2011

we stayed for a week-end going to a party in the function room, rooms very clean and every thing you require ,it was my freinds 40 and he had a buffet for 80 we all ended up taking a plate full of food back to the room -too much when he told me he only paid £6/head room included i could,nt beleive the great value he,d had ,would stop again really enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wagga029
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Very good hotel. Staff heplful and friendly. Food fantastic. Rooms small but clean.

Room Tip: Would visit again if in area.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Booked the Globe in after a hurrific stay in the Travel Lodge, found the staff to be very helpful and polite. Rooms small but very clean and comfortable.

Had evening meals and food was delicious and good value for money, same for the breakfast which was included in room price.

If ever in the area again will make a point of going back there!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2011

stayed for three nights very clean,good rooms for money and friendly staff cannot understand the one couple re rude ,nothing could be further from the truth in my stay there.
good bar with good choice of beers good value food,and very friendly customers staying again in april looking forward to it.maybe some people need to realise what they pay?

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jodie66
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The other reviews are totally unfair! After visiting The Globe i would say the harsh reviews are totally undeserved.

Although you did have to check in at the bar along with other customers, which may meant a little wait, what else would you expect? its an Inn, not a 5* hotel where youd expect a personal reception. On check in the staff were very helpful stating when breakfast was, and because we said we had to be away early in the morning offered to make a "packed lunch" this was a great service!! We also had an evening meal on the evening when we had arrived, the food was cheap for what we had, whilst being cheap it was beautiful! well worth the money!

The staff were very friendly and we sat at the bar most of the night talking, to those and other customers. This couldnt be done in most places, yet here it was the normal everyone was polite and friendly and it felt like 'home' everyone would talk 2 each other!

Although the rooms were not huge they were good for what they were needed for. and decorated to the modern times!!

Overall a great stay! and a really enjoyed expierience! However some people would just like to moan about anything and everything!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2010

A note in the room asks that you don't write bad reviews about them on the internet after you've left but report any problems straight away to give them a chance to remedy it. Fair enough if it was true but this was not what we found..
We chose this Inn for the location, it was close to where we had business. We were aware that it was a pub but were not prepared (or warned) for the disco and loud music till 12 and the noise until 1am underneath our room on the first night. On arrival the girl behind the public bar which serves as a reception was pleasant but just gave us the keys and told us where to go (we had to queue up at the bar with the other punters in for a drink. Not great when all you want to do is check in after a long drive). The room was clean but the remote control for the TV didn't work and neither did the bedside light. It was unplugged but that was because the bulb was blown so obviously the hotel was aware of it and left it unplugged.
I went downstairs to report this, there was no phone in the room, the bulb was replaced but it only worked again for 30 minutes before blowing again. Nothing was done about the remote.
We had a meal in the pub in the evening which was quite nice but not exceptional. The staff were pleasant and polite. We went back to the room before the music started but heard it as loud as if we were in the same room. There was no sleep to be had that night not only because of the noise but the beds as well.There was no padding on the mattresses. I say plural as we were given a twin room even though we booked a double. The springs were visible and you could feel them and even hear them twang as you moved. Really really uncomfortable.
We were impressed when we went to breakfast to find everything in the pub was clean even after the late night before. The morning staff on the Saturday morning were polite and the breakfast good However. this all changed the next day. Different staff were on Sunday morning. We ordered a full english breakfast with scrambled eggs and beans not tomatoes. We heard the woman relay this order in the kitchen. What came out was a plate swimming in tinned tomatoes which we don't like and minus the mushrooms. I pointed this out and all I got for my trouble, was a roll of the eyes, a huff and no apology from the man serving the tables. What I did hear was him complaining about us sending it back to the kitchen staff. He brought out a new plate with beans but still no mushroom on one plate but the beans were stone cold. The sauce had been slightly warmed but the beans were cold all the way through as if they were straight from the fridge.
When I told the woman, she said you should have told us, I said I had and that the beans were cold. She apologised and did ask if we wanted anything else but by then it was too late and we had to leave. What added insult to injury was that when she turned away and went back to the bar she was clearly heard saying to the cleaners about 'save me from complaining guests' which was completely rude behaviour by both members of staff that morning. Up until then I was quite prepared to overlook the other faults however their rudeness spoilt the whole trip.
All I can add is that when I mentioned to the local people I was visiting on business where I was staying they just looked away and said oh um oh dear, and why are staying there when Tamworth has some lovely places. It says it all when even the locals don't rate it or recommend it.

ADDITION
Since my initial posting of this review I have been contacted by the owner. A nice lady who apologised and offered a full refund and asked if I would consider removing this bad review. She also said she would have a word with the couple who manage the pub as she was not paying them very good money to upset the guests. I said I would consider removing the review but as it was truthful I was in 2 minds about removing it. Following this I received a call from the manageress saying sorry and pleading for the removal of the review. I said she had caught me at an extremely busy time so I could not chat. She called again and her opening words were about me not removing the review and again pleading for the removal. I said I was busy and I was still considering it but nearly 2 weeks had passed and my promised refund had not arrived. This however would not influence my descision to remove it. She said she would do it straight away and send me proof and then would I please remove it. Again I told her I was busy and I would consider my options when I had time.
2 days later I had to email to ask where my refund was. I was then called by someone claiming to be from Laterooms.com asking to confirm that I had only stayed one night. I said no and told them about the calls I had been receiving. I checked back with Laterooms.com and they have told me that no such call came from them. I then received an extremey rude email from the male of the mangerial couple saying a refund had been sent. and to quote him" you promised to take the review off" which is untrue but he then follows with "the only other thing that interests us is if it was as bad as your report why did you stay two nights ??". this is cut and pasted directly from his email. Perhaps if he actually read the review he would understand the circumstances and see it was thi kind of rudeness that caused the bad review in the first place. It seems they will only refund 50% of the promised full refund because Laterooms.com are charging them full commission for a 2 night stay.

I emailed again to say I had received their receipt and again received an extremely rude email by reply. Mr D Heaney signs off all his emails "as far as I am concerned the matter is closed.
I feel very sorry for the owner who was obviously trying to maintain good relations but obviously this couple (who were rude to us in persn during our stay) are spoiling it for her and adding insult to injury. Because of this behaviour, I am changing this review

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business